Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is funny.....
Old 11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

For what its worth -I bumped into ron tomlinson (bill's son myway) this year at the 1000 island poker run. He purchased a 40 mti with 1100 merc turbos and with the sticks down hit 148....and once hit 152 until alarms went off..low fuel alert
Old 11-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zmead
Last one that loto boat was a rudder pleasure boat...bob sold his canopy boat to Tor so he could have 2 gasse race boats...check your facts you jackass!
jACKASS?????? I just talked to Johnny T , he said Bob's pleasure MTI IS his first silver 48 race boat . You better check YOUR facts....jackass
Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
I believe Randy has it listed in the For Sale section of MTI Home page. Probably to much boat for you though.
Big Daddy who owns the fastest boat on Grand Lake?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
OK which boat Skater or MTI passed the 200mph mark 1st if any did???
I think Johnny and David S. did around 2002 or 2003 and I think it was 202mph in a 36' Skater.

Last edited by blume; 11-28-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

2003 was the 202.9 mph SBI Kilo run in the 36' Bacardi Silver..
Old 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zmead
I just happen to run across this while headed towards skater boats for sale, and I thought I would add my two sense. I have had 4 MTI's and im in a 2013 44 MTI with 1350's and i am building a new carbon 48 now. If Blume gets his way I will b to build a 388 to run on my lake in Texas and run my 48 in the poker runs, so ill check back in the may15th and let you guys know who I believe the winner is. As for Bob the guy with 186 mph loto boat it is stock 1350's they just do crazy stuff with props. I ran in KW with Bob and Randy and the rest of the MTI guys and I know personally what those guys are doing. As for the guy talking to Randy about the center console, my wife road in it to Boca Grande and loved it, so go ahead if 75 is your speed. And to the guy who said MTI's are slow call Bill Pyburn and ask him how slow they are when he couldn't keep up with Richie in his 44 or Bob in his 48 or Dereck in his corvette boat. He may can tell you otherwise. Sorry this is so long but i read to much stuff from a bunch of guys who wish they knew what they were talking about.
Geez I have yet to see an mti pass our 388....oh wait there was a guy from NY with a 48 with 1350's that told everybody he was going to spank us at Rock the Bay but when he couldn't and we had it on video he told everybody that I was a dangerous driver and he had the wrong props on but gosh darn the guy had 10 sets with him....surely he could have picked the right set.
I have no dog in this hunt...We are small time....only ever owned one skater but then again it was the only one we ever needed because nobody has beaten us and it runs ever time we turn the key
It's a Skater Nation....... Rock on!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anchor
Geez I have yet to see an mti pass our 388....oh wait there was a guy from NY with a 48 with 1350's that told everybody he was going to spank us at Rock the Bay but when he couldn't and we had it on video he told everybody that I was a dangerous driver and he had the wrong props on but gosh darn the guy had 10 sets with him....surely he could have picked the right set.
I have no dog in this hunt...We are small time....only ever owned one skater but then again it was the only one we ever needed because nobody has beaten us and it runs ever time we turn the key
Now that's the kind of smack talkin I was expecting when I started this thread.

I feel better about my boat that I have never run and can't run till March every day.

Thanks for making my winter more enjoyable.

Still can't get over how tiny those MTIs are.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by paintman
For what its worth -I bumped into ron tomlinson (bill's son myway) this year at the 1000 island poker run. He purchased a 40 mti with 1100 merc turbos and with the sticks down hit 148....and once hit 152 until alarms went off..low fuel alert
I would say he has more. 1100hp in a 40 MTI should be 160 (and maybe a bit more) from what I have seen if it is running 6's.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by anchor
Can u post vid, or tell us just how bad u spanked him? & wow he has to stoop as low as to call u a dangerous driver... I'd fight his sorry Mti owing a$$... But then again he's probably crying himself to sleep wishing he had a Skater!!! Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.