skater prices >

skater prices

Notices

skater prices

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Officially subscribed...

One thing to note, you said the 46 the motors have to be turn key, and by turn key run 100.. Not 150.

I would jump out on a limb a healthy 46 skater with twin cobra 1200's would run 150 all day. So 2 motors with their tongues hanging out would still push it to 100. And anyone that is gonna drop 6 figures on a performance boat will have those motors checked over heavily with compression tests and leak downs. Possibly even an oil analysis. So that boat better run good, real good, and run the numbers a healthy boat in its class should run. That's what is going to get a 6 figure purchaser.

Maybe I should get out before I'm in too deep. Mini Darr
Old 10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

To be honest I wouldn't touch a heavily damaged/ repaired boat like that.

Just my .02
Old 10-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

This thread is hilarious! A kid that flips $3,000 jet skis is going to revolutionize the offshore industry by restoring wrecked boats for profit. Why don't you call and talk to Pete first - I'm sure he could use a good laugh!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:39 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
Officially subscribed...

One thing to note, you said the 46 the motors have to be turn key, and by turn key run 100.. Not 150.

I would jump out on a limb a healthy 46 skater with twin cobra 1200's would run 150 all day. So 2 motors with their tongues hanging out would still push it to 100. And anyone that is gonna drop 6 figures on a performance boat will have those motors checked over heavily with compression tests and leak downs. Possibly even an oil analysis. So that boat better run good, real good, and run the numbers a healthy boat in its class should run. That's what is going to get a 6 figure purchaser.

Maybe I should get out before I'm in too deep. Mini Darr
yes i know, i might have said it wrong, i was meaning any boat, where i would be selling most and advertising most should be turn key. this skater is a whole nother ball game i know that. i am even looking into having the motors checked out before i talk numbers.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:52 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see you mentioned in a post on the last page that you already work in a high end glass shop and you are looking to open a one stop shop. Do you own it? If not do you have a $$$$ bank roll? I did not and with all the talent in the world it took me 35 years to get where I am today. I also noticed you mentioned "when Peter gets back". Are you taking about Peter Watson AKA "Repete" ? If so say tell him I said hi.

Much easier in this business using the boat owners money rather than your own. I personally would never consider buying and TRYING to sell any type or size of boat needing any type of work unless it was all free to start with. Even that plan will most likely bring you less than your hourly rate when done.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
To be honest I wouldn't touch a heavily damaged/ repaired boat like that.

Just my .02
It depends for me. There's a certain cat I've been interested in owning for a long time that has submerged in salt water but went back to the factory and was totally redone. To this day, I'd still be interested in owning it.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
It depends for me. There's a certain cat I've been interested in owning for a long time that has submerged in salt water but went back to the factory and was totally redone. To this day, I'd still be interested in owning it.
What cat is that?

I would be interested as well.

Is it the red and yellow 36?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Believe this will be the Trend moving forward in HP boating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIcGLjjOOb0
Old 10-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
What cat is that?

I would be interested as well.

Is it the red and yellow 36?
We emailed, exchanged numbers, and said he'd contact me first when he decides to sell. I haven't heard from him yet so I assume he's not done enjoying it yet.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I see you mentioned in a post on the last page that you already work in a high end glass shop and you are looking to open a one stop shop. Do you own it? If not do you have a $$$$ bank roll? I did not and with all the talent in the world it took me 35 years to get where I am today. I also noticed you mentioned "when Peter gets back". Are you taking about Peter Watson AKA "Repete" ? If so say tell him I said hi.

Much easier in this business using the boat owners money rather than your own. I personally would never consider buying and TRYING to sell any type or size of boat needing any type of work unless it was all free to start with. Even that plan will most likely bring you less than your hourly rate when done.
I don't know his last name. It's Peter and double R where the skater is at. And to answer your question yes about the bank roll. And that's good to know about the owners money but you gotta start with a boat to show what you can do. Like in this industry if I just came on here saying I customize boats y'all would be like ok ya cool... Glassdave!!.... Ya know what I mean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.