Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Why hasn't this sold yet >

Why hasn't this sold yet

Notices

Why hasn't this sold yet

Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that skater looks like a 36 Spectre. Put some real tanks in that one and go boating !!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure it started as a bravo boat with stock power . Lilly sport boats then hung the 5's and put Joey Griffin motors in it , Owner moved up to a 40 and boat ended up at pier 57 .Not sure what happened then but , I think think they sold it twice . The last time to the current owner .
Old 02-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Skater makes a great cat. There are a lot of great cats however that are not Skaters. Keep your options open. Lots of good boats out there. Doug
Old 02-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Why can't the tanks be coated with a good coating on these older models? Something with a gas resistance? It sucks that they have to cut up the boat.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by barron
Thanks for the replies but I still would like to know more about this boat. Sorry Skate 36 about all your problems with skaters , it does make one think a little hard about buying one. I was to believe that were the best cat out there built. I haven't heard anything positive yet from skater owners .Maybe they will chime in
If you want to know more about it, get ahold of these guys as they have taken care of the since the current owner bought it. They were who I talked to about it.

James
301-294-5936
Maryland Offshore
Old 02-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
What a duck. If that's the case, than why do you keep buying them. Go buy a Lighting or a Motion since they're so much better lol.

P.S- Also change your screen name. Doesn't go well with you.
Like a said, I speak from experience and yes I still have a Skater. The guy needs to understand the problems he may have with a Skater. By the way do you even own a boat or Skater? When I purchased my Skaters 28 and 36, I was not aware of all the issues. thanks for asking "DUCK "
Old 02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Skate, where do you live in KW, who are you? I didn't know of any 36's from KW. Just one 24 and a 28.......

Last edited by Ryan Beckley; 03-02-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skate 36
Like a said, I speak from experience and yes I still have a Skater. The guy needs to understand the problems he may have with a Skater. By the way do you even own a boat or Skater? When I purchased my Skaters 28 and 36, I was not aware of all the issues. thanks for asking "DUCK "
Yes i do own boats ( 90 MPH model Cig, 33 Avance, Intrepid ) and many people know me on the board as i didn't join 5 month ago. I don't currently own a Skater but have and have ridden just about every size. One thing is do agree with you is the Spectre is a good boat.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boat sold the first week it was put online ..The owner and the buyer worked out a deal to put down a large deposit and hold it for two months so he could get his money straight ...Needless to say his money fell through and in the contract was not suppose to get his deposit back ..but the owner is not that type of person so he gave it back ..The reason it is being sold for so cheap is he originally got bit by the poker run fad ..did one run and didn't like poker runs anymore ..so he went the center console route ..he's not hurting for money so he wanted to get rid of it quick ..and the tanks r fine ..he has only run AV gas or non ethanol fuel..and by the way it sold again ..being picked up Saturday