Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Kevlarkat's new paint >

Kevlarkat's new paint

Notices

Kevlarkat's new paint

Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Shaun Torrente do a ton of work for me, in 2011 & again in 2013.....re rigged my boat
....some minor eng mods (exhaust tuner and bump the limiter) my boat was running 105wot and cruising at 80 @ 5000........After Shaun worked on my boat.....cruising 90mph @5000 & 116mph @ 6300.Shaun is a Stand up guy and a Set Up Guru.I have spent 3X what you spent Larry.....and I always Paid him!! I paid for New Parts, never cut corners being cheap ass.....maybe thats your probelem.......
I haul my boat from Atlanta to SW Fl. To have him do the maintenance.......Thats how good he is!!!!! Getting ready to take my 28 to his shop, for maintenance and dialing in and Ryan Beckley for a wrap soon !!

Last edited by offshoresteve; 04-16-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
I had Shaun Torrente do a ton of work for me, in 2011 & again in 2013.....re rigged my boat
....some minor eng mods (exhaust tuner and bump the limiter) my boat was running 105wot and cruising at 80 @ 5000........After Shaun worked on my boat.....cruising 90mph @5000 & wot of 116mph.Shaun is a Stand up guy and a Set Up Guru.I have spent 3X what you spent Larry.....and I always Paid him!! I paid for New Parts, never cut corners being cheap ass.....maybe thats your probelem.......
I haul my boat from Atlanta to SW Fl. To have him do the maintenance.......Thats how good he is!!!!! Getting ready to take my 28 to his shop, for maintenance and dialing in and Ryan Beckley soon !!

What did you think of the pics of the port work?
Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Registered

Larry had his motors built by Shaun in 2011 when my boat was there....a lot of
time in between. ....3yrs to Dyno??........
If memory serves me......Larry started out with Old Worn Out 225 Saltwater engs. ....and was Hoping to get 400hp...LMAO

Larry does do some nice paint work though

Last edited by offshoresteve; 04-16-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

I have read your post and HERE ARE THE FACTS >

Shaun shipped the " CRATE OF GOODNESS " His exact words ! on 8-19-2011 and yes they sat untouched in crates and they were shipped to fuller 7-15-2013 . Shaun torrente never said that it was another engine and for you to suggest that is flat out BS . If that was the case was why would shaun Torrente offer me set of new pistons and post these comments ?
Look your the only one out of 100 that feels its ok for a guy to pay for 100% perfect service and the engines starting coming apart in 10 min and you feel that its OK ?
ALL HERE READ THE POST AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...18-Engine-work

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 04-16-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Registered

THIS WAS SHAUN TORRENTES REPLY , NOT MINE .

I was really on the fence on whether to respond or not... Many good people texted me today and told me about this... In my day job that I took over a year ago we are not permitted on message boards and such form our work stations... I looked at this on my ipad and was not surprised as I have been communicating with Larry and was hoping we could resolve this but unfortunately he went this route... Larry (brucek1) is from NY i do not know why his screen name says dallas, but that is irrelevant... I will try and only post facts, I am not here to attack or slander anyone... Larry and I talked several times over the course of 6-7 months about motors.. We talked about many things and he decided to build a pair.. He sent me 2 rotaters with heads, he kept all the dressing and electrics, mids etc... This was all going in 2011... Over the course of a year I did everything sent it all back and answered 100s of small questions over the next 3 years as he was building and sourcing things to complete them... Attached is a screenshot of an email from when we were going over the blocks he sent with pricing... I delivered everything we discussed.. I even shipped it all to him and he still owed me money for some freight... this was in october to which he responded Im out of money I will send you money in the spring... Attached is a screenshot of that email... Lastly I heard from him for the first time in many months on march 20, just a couple weeks ago stating there were some problems with the engines... VST, coils etc... I did not work on any of this stuff.. Lastly he said there was a problem that the bores were to tight... Attached is that email as well... I will reiterate I have no problem with George Fuller, I spoke with him today and have great respect for the man... Which is also stated in my email from a couple weeks ago... I have a wonderfully blessed life, but that does not mean I am a rich man... I stated in my email on the 20th that I would fix anything that they was wrong with it... I am not in a position to sign a blank check to George... My offer still stands as I will keep my word as I always try and do..

1tuff69: You bought a 300x powerhead from me off my boat because i was switching to optis... When you received and installed you guys did not like the way it sounded... so when I returned from my race I swapped the powerhead with the other one from my boat... I drove to PSL helped charlie swap it out, we then went to the water and ran the boat I believe i ran it up to 98mph on gps... i then got out of the boat asked Charlie is there anything else I can do and are we good?... He said no we are good...

MiamiSTVEuro: I have never met you and we never exchanged $1 dollar... You called me one day out of the blue and said you bought a motor from someone who got it from me.. You told me it was awesome but the tach in your boat was not reading properly... I helped you with the changing the pulse on the back over the phone... Next text I got was how I was many expletives... I responded I am sorry to hear this and I will do anything I can to help you out... I am not hiding from anyone I live in Ft. Myers area for the last year and a half and travel constantly for racing... I boat every weekend I can here....So I miss a lot of the runs that i use to be able to make

Lastly, I never claimed anywhere on this site to be an expert or the best engine builder in the world... I simply try to learn as much as possible on my own stuff and from the people that I am in contact with through my racing career that are truly great at it like Brendan Power and Chris fairchild... If I can learn what they have just forgotten I can be pretty decent... This has always been a hobby for me that has at times helped to offsett my boating addiction... The only thing I am above average at in this world is driving a tunnel boat, it does not make me rich but it really does make me happy.... I will not get into a back and forth this is pretty much all I have to say about this

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 04-16-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Registered

It was my opinion. ...Just that....Relax Man!!.I believe Shaun offered to rectify the situation. ...why noy take him up on that?? Why did you wait so long to uncrate the motors and test?
Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Well , shaun only offered pistons ..... My engines now need 2 sleeves from horrible port work , basically 5 k each and after what I spent ,no way , would you ? Shaun torrente ruined my dream of driving my Skater !! As far as the delay , page thru my progress and you'll have your answer ! When fuller said on top of the BS work he re-used all rod and head bolts , FYI those bolts are torque to yield ! That means one use , throw away , that shaun torrente was the wrong guy for the job ? ( yes I was not charged for them )
I never came after this and Said Shaun is the devil even after I got screwed. Bottom line is this , I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR SUB-STANDARD MACHINE / PORT/ ASSEMBLY , AND SOMEHOW ITS MY FAULT ? .
And before you ask " why did you take to fuller ? " Well as time passed I have received several calls and emails from guys just like me who simple paid good money for sub-standard work said this , don't praise this guy until you run your engines as mine lasted 20 min . Bottom line George is one of the best in the business a racer and engine builder with long history .
I wanted Shaun Torrente to take care of this as why should I have to pay twice to get repair his sub-standard work ? After viewing pics you really think he is one of the best engine builders ? Maybe set-up .

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 04-16-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Registered

I have run my engs for 130hrs and have had 0 problems.......Most of my boating is at 90-110
Old 04-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]522103[/ATTACH]

Larry, it could be a lot worse. I couldn't even bear to look this for months after it happened on my last trip out
Attached Thumbnails Kevlarkat's new paint-img_4397.jpg   Kevlarkat's new paint-img_4400.jpg   Kevlarkat's new paint-img_4406.jpg  

Last edited by davidmercury; 04-16-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Registered

#6 piston??.......I blew a modified 2.5@ 26hrs.....had $35,000 in the pair...sold one motor and parts for $10,000.....So the motors cost me $1,000per hr......+ Gas.....Then I purchased a pair of 300XS.....Damn the things we go through and pay for.....with Our Offshore Addiction....LoL.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.