Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Outboard skater BS thread! >

Outboard skater BS thread!

Notices

Outboard skater BS thread!

Old 07-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI I have my 1989 24' Skater listed for sale on SNF. Twin Diamond Marine 280's with ROS ECU's. VERY LOW HOURS and 2014 Aluminum Trailer. In case anybody is interested...
Old 07-28-2015, 12:24 AM
Banned

OK, I'll bite . What exactly does it take to make an honest 370 HP ... ?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TubeCarz
OK, I'll bite . What exactly does it take to make an honest 370 HP ... ?
According to DBR and what I have learned in talking with Dave and Joe the kit contains a newly devolped throttle body, you have to send your air plenum in to be machined. ECU work and install their exhaust tuner. You need to have 2002 or newer coil packs as well.
Depending on year model of 300x maybe cut the heads a bit as well.
These HP numbers have alos been verified on a dyno and Wayne Worthy from Hrdro-Tec has also seen simitlar results. If you change the crank to a 3.2 stroker, report it with new sleeves Wayne has seen over 400hp from the 300x on dyno run which was posted on his facebook page.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
According to DBR and what I have learned in talking with Dave and Joe the kit contains a newly devolped throttle body, you have to send your air plenum in to be machined. ECU work and install their exhaust tuner. You need to have 2002 or newer coil packs as well.
Depending on year model of 300x maybe cut the heads a bit as well.
These HP numbers have alos been verified on a dyno and Wayne Worthy from Hrdro-Tec has also seen simitlar results. If you change the crank to a 3.2 stroker, report it with new sleeves Wayne has seen over 400hp from the 300x on dyno run which was posted on his facebook page.
I spoke with Joe about the same on the 300X. He said they had it over 400HP but it was eating reeds very quickly. He said they were working out the dependability issues before they released that mod to us. Wouldn't be nice if Mercury did the same thing!

How is vacation? We want photos! I'm hitting the water this weekend with "fixed motors". Hopefully we can post some good numbers.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:07 AM
Registered

Here are a few pics from the back of the house we are staying at. First day a little rain but looking good for the rest of the week and weekend. Going to hook up with Nascat Thursday night and check out his new ride. Also hanging with Bob and hope to go run his 30 as well. Will try and get some videos in the coming days guys!
Attached Thumbnails Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg   Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg   Outboard skater BS thread!-image.jpg  

Old 07-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Here are a few pics from the back of the house we are staying at. First day a little rain but looking good for the rest of the week and weekend. Going to hook up with Nascat Thursday night and check out his new ride. Also hanging with Bob and hope to go run his 30 as well. Will try and get some videos in the coming days guys!
Ron, Better double your wash-down routine in that "ugly" water!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quick outboard question. It may have been answered many times before. Are your lowers towed in, out or straight on? I'm stepping back and looking at my setup.
Thanks.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Straight on!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight is the only thing that makes sense to me as well. I have heard arguments made that depending on whether you are spinning in or out that it should be set a little in or out so that when at speed the props pull it to straight ie if you spin out that you should set it a tad toe out so when running the prop torque pulls the lowers out but not sure I buy into that.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Registered

Contrary to popular belief and how tight of steering system you have with tie bars, motor mounts of O/B etc IMO I run about an 1/8 to 1/16" toe.
I have heard stories from the guys at TNT where props have hit each other on an installation where they were mounted very close to one another. Every boat is different. The best thing you can do is make a couple of runs and try a little toe and see if anything changes. Every set up is different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.