Outboard skater BS thread!

Notices

Outboard skater BS thread!

Old 11-04-2015, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Sam, Was there any final numbers on this rig. Am I missing something.

If they are still running the bravos it won't be good. I would imagine it needs a similar set up as mine. No 4 blade worked well for me.
Nasty...the 32 DW "pleasure"() canopied boat with 400r's ran 124mph...the second poker run addition is being built. such a small hull compared to my 308..but they are FAST!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
Nasty...the 32 DW "pleasure"() canopied boat with 400r's ran 124mph...the second poker run addition is being built. such a small hull compared to my 308..but they are FAST!
The DW's are not small, the one that was just built has a cut down deck like a raceboat but it is a full 32'. My new 32 is approx 7" taller and is a big. I think a lot of people will be surprised of it's size. I also think my boat will be a great side by side comparison with the new Skater 318, which is a beautiful boat!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ktron
The DW's are not small, the one that was just built has a cut down deck like a raceboat but it is a full 32'. My new 32 is approx 7" taller and is a big. I think a lot of people will be surprised of it's size. I also think my boat will be a great side by side comparison with the new Skater 318, which is a beautiful boat!
yours is looking good! I'm following your thread that's for sure!!

the length difference I could tell right away... I have only seen Kaps PR in person and a couple of the race boat so that's what I was using as a comparison. it sits lower than mine by quite a bit! With the additional 7" it will def make a difference!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
Ktron, I look forward to the overall weight of you boat and see if the taller sides adds much wieght overall.
Are you getting a full interior or using the Sparco seats?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Ktron, I look forward to the overall weight of you boat and see if the taller sides adds much wieght overall.
Are you getting a full interior or using the Sparco seats?
My boat is getting a full interior. We are going to be using light weight front buckets and a full length bench in the back. I wanted a bench seat in the back for my kids in case they want to lay down while we are anchored. There will be side panels as well as the top of the dash being finished (Full interior). This will be a pleasure boat not a race boat. I do think the weight should be less than the Skater considering Skater's wider cockpit and larger windshield.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just had my seats out cleaning it up...JEEEZUS they are heavy! gotta be some lighter options out there. Are the new style Skater is using lighter? I sure hope so! lol.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
I just had my seats out cleaning it up...JEEEZUS they are heavy! gotta be some lighter options out there. Are the new style Skater is using lighter? I sure hope so! lol.
Yes the new seats are 50% lighter I bet. Big difference. Also rear bolsters are cored and lighter.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Sam, Was there any final numbers on this rig. Am I missing something.

If they are still running the bravos it won't be good. I would imagine it needs a similar set up as mine. No 4 blade worked well for me.
The old Berrycuda 32 canopy DW that I ran liked the 4 blades as they were faster than the 5 blades on that hull. It will be interesting to see what Ktrons hull likes. The DW and the Skater are to completely diffrent beasts.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]547668[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Outboard skater BS thread!-20492.jpeg  
Old 11-17-2015, 05:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't seem like these 400s are making much of a difference, or its still early in terms of the proper setup, and prop. To go from 600 hp, to 800hp should have a significant gain in mph, and it seems like its only 6-8 mph faster. I'd love to hear some feedback from people that have first hand experience with these new motors on the cats on the 30-32' range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.