Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build. >

New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.

Notices

New 318 Flatdeck Widebody Outboard build.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rack storage

Originally Posted by Nastybug
There is a rack storage indoor place by my parents near the end of PGA blvd right on the intercostal waterway. Not sure if catamaran storage is special or some thing. Ill check when I go down in November. You going Key West. Im going the 8th thru the 14th.
Nasty, make sure if you rack it the boat is supported the same way it is on the trailer.....on the inner chines and not just in the tunnel. You can check with Pete on this but I am pretty sure he doesn't like to see them supported in tunnel alone.

Sounds like you are going to have allot more fun this winter than most of us!
Old 09-21-2015, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 554 Likes on 337 Posts

Nice Video!

Engines sound awesome!

Video Credit: Face book

https://www.facebook.com/Mercury.Racing.FB/videos/987753851277561/

Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any dial in updates?
Old 09-22-2015, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Well boys its getting better. Ran 114mph today. Don't have many details just 114mph at 6966rpm. No ramps cut in yet just a different prop shaft height. More details to follow. Yay. Still think there is more left too. Their words not mine. Steve.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

6 guys + Fuel Load @ 98 mph... they honestly are telling you that they are "Working" on dialing in your boat???? I NEED a career change!

What are the ECM's going to read for hours when they return the boat to you??? LOL
Old 09-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane
6 guys + Fuel Load @ 98 mph... they honestly are telling you that they are "Working" on dialing in your boat???? I NEED a career change!

What are the ECM's going to read for hours when they return the boat to you??? LOL
Saw the photo of the 114mph run. Noticed the water pressure was near zero......wonder if they raised motors for a quick low water pressure run to see what it would do?
Noticed on the pic of the 110mph run it showed water pressure.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

They had actually dropped the motors down an 1/8 of an inch. It ran better. Don't ask me how I wasn't there. Water was 2 to 3 foot the 110 day and better conditions when they ran the 114mph. Again I wasn't there. Thats all I know. Actually looks like the motors are running in the 110 and no Rpms showing in the 114 pic. Could have just killed the motors.

Last edited by Nastybug; 09-23-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

The screen you are referencing appears to me to be the max performance page which gives the max speed and RPM at that speed. Like a tattle tale on the speedo but smarter! If I'm wrong let me know. My VV7s are not connected to my GPS yet so I do not get th speed range and slip data that are possible with this instrument.

From my calculations they have dropped prop slip from 9% at 110 to 8% at 114. That is a damn good number for an initial set up on a new boat.....
Old 09-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Not that I am a skeptic but in theory I agree with Sam lowering slip would produce more speed. However how do you lower motors, lower slip which in turn means more bite with the props and that would result in lower RPM's not higher???? . In all my days of testing I have never lowered motors and picked up RPM's. Now if they ran a different pitch prop or another set all bets are off. Guess we may never know what goes on there!
Must be something in the water up there!
It is a good run though Steve. I still cannot believe you have not been there to run the boat with them! Get out there!
Old 09-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be willing to bet water conditions had more of an effect. With a little calmer conditions, the boat was able to take a better set and let the props get more efficient.

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Not that I am a skeptic but in theory I agree with Sam lowering slip would produce more speed. However how do you lower motors, lower slip which in turn means more bite with the props and that would result in lower RPM's not higher???? . In all my days of testing I have never lowered motors and picked up RPM's. Now if they ran a different pitch prop or another set all bets are off. Guess we may never know what goes on there!
Must be something in the water up there!
It is a good run though Steve. I still cannot believe you have not been there to run the boat with them! Get out there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.