Old 04-12-2016, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That shouldn't last long!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But wait, yet another clean 28 listed for under $80k? I thought I heard a couple of you guys recently stating 28 Skaters couldn't be found for under $100k going forward?!?!

Seriously though, this one does look very nice!
Old 04-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
But wait, yet another clean 28 listed for under $80k? I thought I heard a couple of you guys recently stating 28 Skaters couldn't be found for under $100k going forward?!?!

I believe it needs the tanks done. Nice boat!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930

But wait, Another 28 clean boat for only 79k????? From what I have seen there is a big difference in what some of us consider a nice boat and what is listed as a nice boat. Keep in mind pictures are NEVER deceiving. LOL
GPS in dash is discontinued for over 10yrs. No pics of the bilge? How many hours on the motors? Tanks? Hull condition? Trailer condition etc. Not saying it is a good boat or not but in being personally involved with 28 rerig recently. Anyone buying a boat that old without having a bunch of money for upgrades to spend should be VERY careful and do their due dilegence. That 80k could turn into 150k almost as fast the boat is!!!!!
Old 04-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
But wait, Another 28 clean boat for only 79k????? From what I have seen there is a big difference in what some of us consider a nice boat and what is listed as a nice boat. Keep in mind pictures are NEVER deceiving. LOL
GPS in dash is discontinued for over 10yrs. No pics of the bilge? How many hours on the motors? Tanks? Hull condition? Trailer condition etc. Not saying it is a good boat or not but in being personally involved with 28 rerig recently. Anyone buying a boat that old without having a bunch of money for upgrades to spend should be VERY careful and do their due dilegence. That 80k could turn into 150k almost as fast the boat is!!!!!
What are you talking about "Old Boats"? I've seen something like that happen With a practically new Skater
Old 04-13-2016, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
What are you talking about "Old Boats"? I've seen something like that happen With a practically new Skater
.....that was just one overzealous owner that just "had" to come up with the ultimate mancave centerpiece... that was a very stout 36 page rebuild! Beautiful machine now......

Bam's 28 looked clean and look what Double Rigged did to upgrade the boat itself on top of the electronic/electrical upgrades... You pay or you pay when it comes to boats (bigger & faster boats just have a larger multilier than the slower ones)
Old 04-13-2016, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
.....that was just one overzealous owner that just "had" to come up with the ultimate mancave centerpiece... that was a very stout 36 page rebuild! Beautiful machine now......

Bam's 28 looked clean and look what Double Rigged did to upgrade the boat itself on top of the electronic/electrical upgrades... You pay or you pay when it comes to boats (bigger & faster boats just have a larger multilier than the slower ones)
Boat was far from clean and ready to run. He did the right thing and only real option he had in order to have trouble free boating.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Yeah I think we'll have to define "Clean" - LOL.

MDS
Old 04-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still deals out there but not many.

So many variables that I would still say that there is very little I would want to be hop in at Miami Beach Marina and run to Gilberts in for under $100k.

Actually, probably none.

My build cost about $150k. Could have been cheaper, but I got what I want. The boat was stripped to the hull and everything put back new by the best in the business. I'm not a nickel and dime guy. I only have one hobby and it's boating. So when it's go time the boat has to go and I have to like what I'm riding in.

I'm also not handy with this stuff so I have to pay people to do it. I chose to pay TNT. If (probably never) I ever decide to sell the boat, the new owner can go talk to JT himself and he will tell you.....this boat is all new and perfectly rigged and they will stand behind it.

If I could do it all over again.....I would just do it all over again. Couldn't be happier. I thought about new but to reproduce what I have would be $250k. That's a different number
Old 04-17-2016, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...28-o65386.html

I found this thread discussing 28 speeds, in this thread Spectre Man talks about jumping a wake and flipping his 1997 28 Skater. The picture of his sure matches this 1997 for sale. Proceed with caution if anyone is interested. I love doing detective work, LOL. So much for nice 28's with 300's below 100K

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...r-video-7.html

.[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.