Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Skater 318 powerhead replacement, Old one bad since delivery. >

Skater 318 powerhead replacement, Old one bad since delivery.

Notices

Skater 318 powerhead replacement, Old one bad since delivery.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:59 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys, YeeeeeeHa motor is complete almost. Big Thanx to Coty Marine. Even with all the swamped workload and me showing up to bug them all the time they got it done. Bravo. While they were switching over all the parts from the broken Head to the new one there was one elbow piece of tubing that would not budge. Time and again they tried until it cracked and crumbled. So it is being overnighted from Fond du lac. Don't know if any of you have ran into this before but they found a large amount of sea grass caught up in a strainer of some type that keeps it from the Super Charger both for cooling it and for cooling the forced air too I believe. You can only really get to it when the powerhead is unbolted. Wasn't gonna unbolt my Port unit for no reason just to check. I figure Ill watch it and see what happens. Gotta be some kind of warning sign I'm thinking. This water strainer is a different branch I'm being told that runs up to cool the powerhead itself. So we'll see what happens. Anyway after all the complaining it is done and Coty once again although very busy kept me in line and got it done.Thanx to all the guys. Rick and Chuck especially this time and Danny for his expert Diagnosis. We will see how it runs next week. Steve.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:22 AM
VIP Member

Ok Once again I believe today is the day. My much needed part left overnight from Mercury yesterday morning so it should be here today. It'll take literally 30 seconds to put this thing on and then were off. Im sure it'll run fine. probably just start at the dock and run a bit and send me off Im hoping. Don't know how much total high end Ill be doing as I need to get reaquainted with the ole girl. Its been a while and I don't want to get fresh with her and have my face slapped. Ha. Always respect that speed. Lots can happen even at 50mph.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Amen Steve, Where that Lifeline and Kill Switch!
Old 06-26-2018, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Sure hope you get hundreds of trouble free hours of running
Old 06-26-2018, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve you will four hours of breakin period to get reacquainted with her.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Registered

Great news! Coty always pulls through. Maybe we will see you at NJPBC Captains Inn brunch’s on Sunday....

Scott
Old 06-26-2018, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

So 4 hrs of breaking in. WOW Sam. Not sure if ill be able to hold back. Whats the procedure.

Anyway on Saturday my boat was all done except for this little elbow piece that came in around 10 am this morning. I was number 1 to go in water and get tested on Saturday. So when this part comes in on Tuesday morning I guess instead of finishing my rig and water testing I once again get thrown to the end of the line. Its amazing. Now its 3 almost and when it does get water tested I'm sure something will need to be fixed and that will mean tomorrow. How does this crap keep going on. so I was pushed back 3 times last week and then from Sat until today Tuesday which looks like it'll be Wednesday or Thursday now. As of this Thursday in 2 days it will have been 2 weeks since the powerhead arrived. Its Amazing.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry Steve, Feel your pain. As a business owner in the marine business we too get very busy in certain times of the year. I always tell our staff the golden rule is never make a promise we cannot keep and always give the bad news first.
It is ok to tell a customer you cannot start his job for 2wks. At least he knows going in or has the option to go somewhere else. And for the guy that cannot wait there's the big question. How bad do you want it and how much are you willing to spend! My guys have made tons of money in tips working overtime to make someone happy that has to have it and cannot wait. Also I am sure because it is a warranty thing they may not be getting paid their normal rates from Mercury.
Giving someone false hope never ends in a good way.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:51 PM
VIP Member

Well today may have been lack of communication. I was by at 12 to check things out and was told that they had to finish and water test the boat. Well came 3 and nothing so I communicated via text which started a minor discussion. Anyway the boat was tested and they are having problems with a ground of some type. So hopefully It'll be done tomorrow. My feelings are that if it was hopped on this morning right away this wouldnt be happening at 4 in the afternoon. So Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. We had a good back and forth earlier. We will get there soon I hope. I have to lay off these guys for a while they deserve better than my constant harassment. Ha.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry for your pain Steve. Unfortunately many of us have been there. I will keep my fingers crossed for good luck tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.