Sonic 42 SS '96

Notices

Sonic 42 SS '96

Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Top speed is app. 47Knots - 54.087Mph

I'm looking forward in getting more out of it.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered

Arrow

Hey,

I'm back with new portion of photos and questions with info.

About the valve I was asking about, it's located before and after San.Tank. I'm posting a picture of the valve. The question was, what for is he "Flow" on the valve.

The boat is from Miami, and was never treated in any way (the exterior and interior appearance wasn't very nice looking, both were rather yellow than white, no glossiness). Swedish company "Mr CAP" made a special treatment on the boat based on "FormulaU" Yacht Protection Program. I was amazed with the result, the boat was like "resurrected", it became white, the glossiness was back & leather was once again white.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
wow! only 2 exhaust pipes? instead of 4! What is the top speed with twin 370 hp? 50 mph???
Inline diesels won't need dual pipes coming out, nor will turbo-diesels and the exhaust is collected and put into one turbo.

That being said, I put dual cans on my PSD truck so I could blow smoke in both windows of the Duramasses I pass.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by gozee
Hey,

I'm back with new portion of photos and questions with info.

About the valve I was asking about, it's located before and after San.Tank. I'm posting a picture of the valve. The question was, what for is he "Flow" on the valve.

The boat is from Miami, and was never treated in any way (the exterior and interior appearance wasn't very nice looking, both were rather yellow than white, no glossiness). Swedish company "Mr CAP" made a special treatment on the boat based on "FormulaU" Yacht Protection Program. I was amazed with the result, the boat was like "resurrected", it became white, the glossiness was back & leather was once again white.

gozee,

Your boat looks great. Good luck with it. That valve system has something to do with how you can pump your waste overboard. 45Sonic also known as Bill will be able to tell you more about it. He knows as much or more about Sonics than the factory does.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

That being said, I put dual cans on my PSD truck so I could blow smoke in both windows of the Duramasses I pass.
Parked trucks don't count Brian !
Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sydwayz is right, it appears to be linked to the head system for either holding tank storage or overboard discharge. Now as to how it works, well that may be trial and error. Might just have to try it with just water in the system to see what happens with the valve in different positions to get the process that YOU want.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

It might be a process no one wants!!
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Registered

I remember this boat. The seller took a while to move it. Must be the only 42 with twin Yanmars down there. What sort of condition is it in? Any stress cracks or moisture in it?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Hey guys,

I'm sorry I was away for a while. Wow so many comments. Thank you for your responses!

Yes it's the only 42SS up here.

I've finally solved the valve issue.

More questions & pictures coming up.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Question

As I promised another portion of pictures with questions.

a) Console buttons.

Originally there are white buttons (as on the picture). I've found one manufacture, but they only make those black ones. Does anybody know the manufacture for the white buttons?

b) I think something is missing

It's located under the fridge, you open the door and there are two big bolts (shown on the photo). Does anybody know, what could of being there?

c) In the bow part of the boat there is a big sofa/bed, if you lift it up there is a hose. I was asking a lot of people what is it for. Even the factory doesn't know the answer. Maybe somebody can help me?

Thank you all in advance!

Quick Reply: Sonic 42 SS '96

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.