31SS in MN, WI, or IA?

Notices

31SS in MN, WI, or IA?

Old 08-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I have a 3/4 ton Suburban. Since it's 4WD and has the 6.0L with 3.73:1 gears, it's only rated to tow 8,000lbs. Even though the 31SS on the trailer with fuel will be heavier than that, it sounds like I should be OK.
It will be fine. My dually is a 6.0 with 4.10's and pulls my 386 to 60-65mph OK. Just be sure to use a hitch rated for the load as hp500efi said.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Default Tahoe

I pull my 31 with a Tahoe and it gets the job done. But, I eats the gas in city driving. Can't wait until my lease is up.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I'm considering the Sonic 31SS as my next boat. I'm from the Minneapolis, MN area and wondering if someone has a 31SS within a few hours that would just let me look at the boat. I'm not looking for a ride. I'm mostly interested in seeing the cabin. I'm torn between the 31SS and the Sunsation 32 Dominator and would sure appreciate any help you could provide in making a decision. I'm weighing my need for speed against my wife's need for comfort.
You should give us a call. We are in Michigan and have a 31 Sonic with both of what you are looking forward. The interior is loaded with absolutley everything and we have twin 575SCi's. You can get the best of both worlds for you and your wife. We've only gone 85 a couple times but it will definitely go faster than that if you are looking for speed. We had a Sunsation before the Sonic and the handling and features of the Sonic are far better. We still liked our Sunsation but Sonic has more to offer if your wife wants to comfortable and happy! Trust a woman! I'm the one who picked out our boat and the hubby didn't fight me at all. Especially when I'm pretty sure he was full staff after he heard it start up. We will be at hot boat this weekend at Hardy Dam if you want to make a weekend trip and drive it. (We pull ours with a Lincoln Navigator. We took it to a weight station and it was 9700 lbs trailer and all with 3/4 tank of gas.)
Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Becca's boat is a good deal. I would buy it if I could figure out a good excuse to give the wife as why we need 2 offshore boats! Dano had a 31 with 575's that ran 98 I believe once it was dialed in.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

I pull my 31ss loaded with my F250 (diesel) and it does a great job. Just had to throw that in there.... please continue...
Old 09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Becca48838
You should give us a call. We are in Michigan and have a 31 Sonic with both of what you are looking forward. The interior is loaded with absolutley everything and we have twin 575SCi's. You can get the best of both worlds for you and your wife. We've only gone 85 a couple times but it will definitely go faster than that if you are looking for speed. We had a Sunsation before the Sonic and the handling and features of the Sonic are far better. We still liked our Sunsation but Sonic has more to offer if your wife wants to comfortable and happy! Trust a woman! I'm the one who picked out our boat and the hubby didn't fight me at all. Especially when I'm pretty sure he was full staff after he heard it start up. We will be at hot boat this weekend at Hardy Dam if you want to make a weekend trip and drive it. (We pull ours with a Lincoln Navigator. We took it to a weight station and it was 9700 lbs trailer and all with 3/4 tank of gas.)
Thanks for the offer. Your boat is definitely kick-ass. But, I'm checking out a boat on the Chain of Lakes this weekend. Since my wife is willing to travel so far just to see a boat, I'm treating her to a stay at a nice resort in Lake Geneva.

If you see Wette Vette at Hardy Dam, tell him Plum Crazy says hi!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Becca's boat is a good deal. I would buy it if I could figure out a good excuse to give the wife as why we need 2 offshore boats! Dano had a 31 with 575's that ran 98 I believe once it was dialed in.
Thanks! Do you remember what kind of outdrives he had? Everyone always ask us how fast our boat goes but we aren't sure because I'm not going to let my husband try it. Too dangerous. From old posts I saw he looked to have the same 575's with the super chillers. It would be interesting to know for the next time someone asks us. He even had the same paint job as us I believe but was minus some of the extras in the cabin that we have. We had the drives spinning inwards and switched that for better handling but did notice a little speed loss. Better safe than fast though.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Charter Member

I think he had sportmaster lowers. He tried a LOT to get to 100, I'm not sure if he ever made it. I'm sure your boat will do an honest 90. If you ever get to Lake Ontario, I will be happy to verify that for you!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info! Now I can tell my husband so he never gets the itch to find out. He may already know top speed and won't admit it though!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I want to give a big thanks to kjberman. He offered to take me and my wife out on his 31SS. We traveled 6 hours down to the Chain of Lakes expecting only to get a quick tour of the boat and a lap around the bay. Instead, Kevin and his friends entertained us for 4+ hours and even risked letting me drive. It was a very fun afternoon.

I think I'm sold on the Sonic. I was very impressed with the handling, solid ride, and quick planing. It's a great boat!

Quick Reply: 31SS in MN, WI, or IA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.