Old 02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any info on this nice looking Sonic

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2001.../United-States
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

They told me it sold a couple months ago. I don't know why they don't pull the listing?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That was my boat. A guy just called me last week asking for information. He said he had a bid in on it.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I always liked that boat.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Grand Sport Center brokered it for me a couple of years ago. A guy out east bought it. The motors were fresh 575 SCi's putting out 700hp. The drives were just rebuilt so the boat was in great shape when it was sold. From the pictures of it now, The guy had the blowers removed. Probably so he could run 89 gas.

That's the scoop.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Default Dang, I'm out!

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
That was my boat. A guy just called me last week asking for information. He said he had a bid in on it.
Well the bank and the seller d!cked around long enough and I got outbid. Someone came in $10k over asking price. I think they said he was from TX and maybe a boat dealer or wholesaler (so you might see it listed again).

Quiet Storm, thanks for taking the time to talk to me about your old boat, it is really nice.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

I do know the person who has the bid on the boat. He is also trying to find a Sonic for myself. It seems that most for sale are located in Maryland. I have looked for about 3 months now and still learning about sportboats.

The guy that has the bid on this boat is a boat dealer in Ft. Worth. He has told me about the boat and I passed. I went back on this forum and looked at past posts from 2003 to current, learning the history of the boat. Motors have been rebuit twice now, drives rebuilt a min of 4 times, the 1st owner was from Maryland and did not take care of it at all. In 2003 QS bought it from Michigan sold it or traded it about 2.5 years ago.

Also gimbal rings were rebuilt by JR Marine looking at the posts, also problems with water system. It is hard trying to find good info about boats for sale. The boat has been look at and I could get the jist on it. I do know it is going to be used as a personal boat for the time being but not on my end.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

Anyone else have info about this boat ? Good or Bad, Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sea Laura,

Actually, I bought the boat in Maryland.

True, the reasons for the first motor rebuild (only starboard side) was the first owner didn’t take care of the boat properly, being that it was used in salt water. The first guy that rebuilt the motor for me didn’t understand high performance engines and did a bad job. Because it wasn’t rebuilt properly, it failed. After that, I decided to have both the motors rebuilt, even though the port side was okay. I didn’t want any more problems. They came out great with more hp than original and about as safe as blower motors can be.

Yea, I went through some drives. Part of that is from the manufactures design. The heavy boats with boxes and a lot of engine torque tend to eat XR’s. Part of it is me not getting out of the throttles in time too.

Things like this sort of goes along with “hi-performance” boating. If your looking for a sportboat and don’t quite get hi-performance, you are doing the right thing by passing on this boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.