Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
RS vs. SE vs. SS >

RS vs. SE vs. SS

Notices

RS vs. SE vs. SS

Old 07-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny thing is I own one of those old Porsche's also. An 1983 911sc cab, and you are right, they are a handful. I've had the thing for six years and I'm proud to say I havn't backed it into the ditch yet
I have never owned a cat but I'm drawn to them like the porsche. Maybe I have some wires crossed I see a pattern developing here
Shane
Old 07-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Thanks sgrady
Back to my original question. Forget about those cats for now.
Shane
Old 07-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I am not sure which is which but the hulls of the RS and the SE are the same. The only difference is the headroom in the cabin One has around 5' the other has over 6'. I am not sure about the SS except that is was used on the 30 and 28 foot models.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:06 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Hey mika, glad you have not "backed your car into a ditch yet." <ggg> They are fine for autocross, rallies, or endurance 24 hour type racing, but I'd never seriously race one on a track or the street.

An interesting statistic for you...one of the auto mags reported quite a few years ago that a shocking 40% of one Calif. Porsche dealer's cars were crashed backwards. Ouch!

A friend had one, and within a week had spun into the freeway medium...he decided to sell it before he killed himself with it. <BG>

Chicks don't care about these facts though, as you likely know!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Registered

CBR.
one reason I really like my Porshce is that it "feels fast". I do not need to be going balls out to get enjoyment out of it. I also have an Audi A8 which is far "faster" than my Porshce but feels less enticicing (speed wise). With the Audi you don't even realize you are going fast. You can have lunch at 130 in the Audi while 130 in the porsche is really movin. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure which one is better.
Cats I cannot speak for because I have not owned one. I'm sure they are much like the 911, dangerous and pleasurable

As for chicks, after the Porsche and the Audi and a boat, I cannot afford one
Old 07-02-2002, 12:42 AM
Registered

I've always had a soft spot for the 914. I never thought they were ugly though but this is coming from someone who has owned a volkswagon Thing.
Old 07-04-2002, 02:06 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

914's were often called "potato carts", but the 914-6 that spun out while racing me during the dinosaur age, had huge fender flares, and giant Halibrands or something similar all around. It was Yellow and awesome looking! I knew a girl that really liked her 914-4. So did her dad, so he bought a 914 also. Another friend had one that we blasted around in quite regularly. Most people were quite fond of them, so Too Old and mika have lots of company.

My 400-500 HP much massaged GTO also raced a turbo 911 that blew his motor trying to stay with me up a steep hill. Giant billow of black smoke coming from the rear of the car as it took the nearest exit off the freeway. Kinda cool, looked like I had just shot down a FW-190. Glad I did not have to pay the repair bill for that though!

Last edited by CBR; 07-04-2002 at 02:10 AM.