Question about Prowler >

Question about Prowler

Notices

Question about Prowler

Old 02-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

TS42; see if the bunch at Offshore Performance will take them off your hands. Cigarettes and Donzis use a lot of red, and maybe they can 'broker' them for you at best.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Also, you can do a LOT with a Drimmel tool. Check into that. There have been cupholder threads here in the Sonic forum in the past. A drimmel can be used to route out the material in the mouting surface, for the ones set in the vinyl, and just make a small extra slit in the vinyl to allow for the larger diameter. So what if they are snug and not coming out. Use a piece of timber to drive them in a bit, from the depth of the cup, so as not to tear up the rim.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Brian, Congrats on the engagement!!
Talk her into Vegas, both of you will thank me later, take it from someone that has done it both ways!
Old 02-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

26Sonic, what's up? I'm gonna order the cup holders and vents this year, but I forgot what size you said to get again. If you could be so kind and refresh my memory? How's Jill? What upgrades did you guys do this year. We're in the process now of purchasing a superchiller from a guy from the board. The irony is its the same guy I bought my 250 blower from two seasons ago. I gotta find a little scoop for the hatch now. I don't want to cut it but the air cleaner nut is rubbing now and the chiller is four more inches. On the brighter side the engine will breathe better, plus the sundeck is soo big we never use the whole damn thing anyway. Say, hi, to Jill...aka Sonic99....Missy

509 SC, Congrats on your new Prowler!!! Good Luck with it..
We love ours.... the right combo of speed (sorta, always could be faster) and comfort. So what speeds you looking to get?
We're always flirting with the idea of going bigger, then reality sets in and we think about where we boat, and with the ammenities the Prowler has we just don't need the 31SS or 358 with twin SC Big Blocks....repeat this ten times... oh sorry, I'm just trying to sound convincing.... no really... we've decide she's a keeper...we're not gonna go with a bigger boat, just bigger motors over the years...LOL
Old 02-23-2003, 10:37 AM
TeamSonic42

Thanks Brian for the idea. Already though about the dremmel tool after I got them and found they woulnt fit. Will probably go that route though. Only concern I have is, 3 go in the dash, 2 go in the Salon in the console, and 4 go in the table in the Salon. All hard stuff, and pretty hard to fix If you mess up. Guess just have to take it slow. The other areas are just as you had indicated.

OP probably would want to mess with them since they are for a pre 2000 model due to size differences. Good idea though. Have a pretty good repore with those guys. Been thru alot with them !

Old 02-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Prowler, Boat has a 502 EFI (415 HP) in it, from what I read here I'm hoping to see a true 66-67 MPH. Boat came with a 22" Bravo I , which I'ld like to think is to small, but haven't run it yet. Does anyone run a Mirage Plus for a top end prop, I know cruise speeds and out of the hole would suffer. I see you're running a blower, what kind of before and after speeds with what motor? I have a 509 with a ProCharger that I might try when I get bored with upper 60's.