Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS >

Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS

Notices

Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS

Old 01-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS

Copy of letter I emailed Sonic yesterday about my Sonic. Lets see if they will step up to the plate!!

Joe I need to know when the 2" drive spacers will be here, you said you ordered them and its been almost two months now.… Also I need the drive showers that were taken off my boat sent to me. I also need reimbursement for the power steering issue I paid for. You've had that invoice for over a month now. I also have one for $247.00 that I had to pay for to fix a rigging problem on the AC unit. The hose from the circulating pump was doubled up in the hull and was pinched shut behind AC unit in the bulkhead. There was around 4 feet of extra hose. Also Clear Lake Power Boat is trying to get a hold of you for another rigging problem on the boat. The two hydraulic lines to one of my trim tabs were improperly run causing them to chafe completely through losing all the oil. They need two new lines sent to them and who to send the invoice to for the repair work. I am not going to keep paying for Sonic's improper rigging. So far I have spent close to $1000.00 out of my pocket.

I think I've been very patient so far but I need some feed back from Sonic on when I can expect these issues fixed. I left Sonic that night with a written and verbal agreement from you and Sonic that what ever it took to straighten out my boat it would be taken care of. I would hope that Sonic's word and reputation means something. Please call me ASAP with some news on what I can expect from Sonic this week. I hope that in good faith you will fix these issues so I can enjoy my new boat. Also if Richard Hewitt still owns Sonic I need to talk to him or the new owners that took over this month.

Sincerely,
Bill Kern
409-741-0742
409-599-5616
[email protected]
Old 01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Registered

Default Re: Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS

Bill I talked to another new sonic owner this morning he has the exact same problem with the cracks in the bilge, we will see what they do about them. He also has the same frustration as we have with respect to quality control and warranty issues. See you on the lake.

Cass
Rent MoneyII
Attached Thumbnails Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS-firsttimeinwater.jpg  
Old 01-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

see what's happening to Sonic thread. I deleted a post there. In a nutshell I would not buy one after researching and examining the product closely, and my buddy (a long standing successful multiline dealer) dropped them hard for alot of reasons, many touched on in this forum. He will not tolerate dissatisfied customers, or getting screwed and lied to himself. Things that seem to be part and parcel of dealing with Sonic in the last 3 model years, from what I understand.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

It wasn't like that when Jay was there, not much of a personality, if you didnt know him, but always got the job done.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

jassman well said !! bring back jay !!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't that be ironic, Jay having to comeback and bail out the company he started and got fired from .
Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

What happened to Richard Hewitt ? Did he sell out to someone ? Damn shame to hear about all the problems people are having with Sonic, Hope it gets better. A real nice boat, hate to see em go down hill.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:59 PM
bn
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2002 has not had any of these problems, however is was built before the new infusion process.

Hope things work out for those of you that are having issues.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

Here's the latest. Joe called Monday Morning (7:15 am) saying all of these issues were news to him. I want go into that one. After sending my repair invoices three times this week he got them today. On the spacers he doesn't know what happen to them. He said he would order a set and have them shipped to me. He contacted the repair shop and said he would send them the new hydraulic lines. Have had no response about the drive showers yet. They were taken off the boat when they installed the 1" spacers and have disappeared at Sonic. Wonder with 2" spacers they will fit anymore?

I really did not want to post these issues but it seems it was my only choice to get anything done. Maybe pressure from Sonic owners or the owner of Sonic read my post. It seems that while Sonic was moving it production facility to Stuart and the new owner taking over a lot of customers are being left out in the cold. The salesman we dealt with are all gone. It is my hope that I can have finality to this post soon. My suggestion is bring back Brian and Sean ASAP.

After we install the spacers and all labor cost associated to these problems is payed for I will update the post and give Sonic a passing grade.

Thanks to everybody for there thoughts on these issues
Old 01-19-2005, 10:47 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

I hope the new owers are reading this thread. I also vote to bring back Jay and Fred, as when those two were around customer service from Sonic was astounding! What, you need new fuel tanks for your old Sonic (mine)? No problem, Fred tossed them in the truck and drove them over to Miami himself within 48 hours!!!!!

Jay spent countless hours on the phone helping my fiberglass guys and mechanics restore my boat to mint condition. Parts ordered from Florida sent to NY were on time and in perfect condition, sent in nuclear bomb proof shipping containers. Well ok, the last is a slight stretch of the truth, but talk about heavy duty plywood, that was it!

The whole company was like a big family, they knew even your old boat inside and out, and you were part of this family! Jay and Fred set the tone and everyone else followed.

That kind of committment to customer service is priceless and a big part of Sonic's success in the market.

Quick Reply: Bill Kern's Sonic 42SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.