Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Recommendation for  engine builders  in North Texas area.. >

Recommendation for engine builders in North Texas area..

Notices

Recommendation for engine builders in North Texas area..

Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by budandfun
I’m looking for someone to pull and rebuild a 454 to 450hp only…Any recommendations?

Thanks
What boat did you buy? I'd take it to Derebery, but try and do as much yourself as possible.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
They can charge you whatever they want. You can refuse to pay the fee and they can refuse to accept your credit card. Simple as that. Why should Derebery have to eat 3% because you don't have the cash to pay for services?
Just because they want to charge you a fee instead of eating it doesn't make it right if it's against the law. Unfortunately today if it weren't for CC they probably wouldn't have half the business they do. 3% sounds like the cost of doing business to me. Try to run a "Cash ONLY" business and tell us how that works out.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They can charge you whatever they want. You can refuse to pay the fee and they can refuse to accept your credit card. Simple as that. Why should Derebery have to eat 3% because you don't have the cash to pay for services?
Did you read that it's against the law in TEXAS
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatman22
Did you read that it's against the law in TEXAS
Is it against the law to refuse to accept a credit card?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by merctwofive
Just because they want to charge you a fee instead of eating it doesn't make it right if it's against the law. Unfortunately today if it weren't for CC they probably wouldn't have half the business they do. 3% sounds like the cost of doing business to me. Try to run a "Cash ONLY" business and tell us how that works out.
I do run a cash only business. My receipts are just as high as his. What are you an advocate for credit card companies? I'll be damned if his credit card fees get buried inside of other charges. Its not right to screw over cash paying customers just to appease the credit card customers. Its also not right for the state of texas to tell him how he can run his business. Thats a liberal policy if I've ever seen one and obviously it doesn't even work as your allowed to give discounts to cash paying customers. You guys keep dicking around on this subject and Derebery will stop accepting credit cards all together and you cashless boaters will be left on the shoreline.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 02-25-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Registered

I do run a cash only business. My receipts are just as high as his. What are you an advocate for credit card companies? I'll be damned if his credit card fees get buried inside of other charges. Its not right to screw over cash paying customers just to appease the credit card customers. Its also not right for the state of texas to tell him how he can run his business. Thats a liberal policy if I've ever seen one and obviously it doesn't even work as your allowed to give discounts to cash paying customers. You guys keep dicking around on this subject and Derebery will stop accepting credit cards all together and you cashless boaters will be left on the shoreline.
Far from an advocate... thanks. I see that charge openly stated, not buried, and evidently wouldn't be on a cash paying customer's receipt. My point was people in today's society rely on credit more so than cash, that's just the way it is. I for one do not believe in that philosophy and am as far from a liberal as you can get. I hope they do stop taking CC ... won't hurt me a bit. Good for you in your success, you enjoy your stack of receipts and I'll enjoy my stack of clear titles. No one meant to pee in your punch bowl. Cashless...really?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by merctwofive
Far from an advocate... thanks. I see that charge openly stated, not buried, and evidently wouldn't be on a cash paying customer's receipt. My point was people in today's society rely on credit more so than cash, that's just the way it is. I for one do not believe in that philosophy and am as far from a liberal as you can get. I hope they do stop taking CC ... won't hurt me a bit. Good for you in your success, you enjoy your stack of receipts and I'll enjoy my stack of clear titles. No one meant to pee in your punch bowl. Cashless...really?
Sorry for being such a prick, but it really infuriates me when I see people saying "cost of business" he can afford to eat 3%. These businesses operate on low margins. 3% to him is upwards of $30-40K. Thats real money. Thats someones job. In this economy that is unacceptable.

My second point is derebery has some decent prices. If you want him to eat credit card fees he will have to raise prices. So it will cost me more to do business with him. It cost enough to run these boats without adding expenses that don't provide any value to the business or the customer.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is it against the law to refuse to accept a credit card?
I guess i need to explane.....IT'S AGAINST THE LAW IN THE STATE OF TEXAS TO CHARGE A FEE TO ACCEPT A CREDIT CARD......It is also Merchant Agreement that the business signs when they sign up to take credit cards......Questions...
Old 02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatman22
I guess i need to explane.....IT'S AGAINST THE LAW IN THE STATE OF TEXAS TO CHARGE A FEE TO ACCEPT A CREDIT CARD......It is also Merchant Agreement that the business signs when they sign up to take credit cards......Questions...
Do you work for a credit card company?

Still waiting on the answer to my first question. Is it against the law to refuse to accept a credit card?

Do you want Derebery to raise his prices for everyone? Are you in the boat repair business?

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 02-26-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

It's good to see someone who gives a sh!t about something these days. It's all good. I'm pretty sure boatman is qualified to answer your question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.