Saw this floating in Travis this weekend >

Saw this floating in Travis this weekend

Notices

Saw this floating in Travis this weekend

Old 08-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw this floating in Travis this weekend

Hope nobody hit this thing. I chased down a sheriffs deputy and told them about it, didn't seem to interest them too much, hope everyone was safe this weekend. IT was out near starnes island.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

At least it is easy to see. It's the lumber floating in the St. Clair and Detroit Rivers that makes me nervous.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:15 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

That's nothing compared to tidal waters. Every heavy rain or un-usually high tide dumps huge amounts of debris into the water that had washed up on the bank sometime previously. The river can literally be un-boatable for a week after a 4-5 inch rain storm (weird seeing a 150 parking spot ramp empty on a beautiful sat). Get down near the bay and the natural debris isn't a problem....keep an eye out for that kind of crap, even up to shipping containers that like to float 1 inch out of the water though!!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Registered

After the droughts last year all the trash that had built up came into the water ways after the firs big rain, it was awefull. I would expect to see crap like that on the coast but this is a freshwater lake
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered

I saw that fridge floating around Friday evening
Old 08-30-2010, 06:57 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by rexmitchell
After the droughts last year all the trash that had built up came into the water ways after the firs big rain, it was awefull. I would expect to see crap like that on the coast but this is a freshwater lake
yep, same type of deal, we just see it a couple times every year......Hurricane Earl is going to pass off the east coast later this week and will create un-usually high tides. By Friday we'll have tons of debris floating in all the rivers....just in time for a long 3 day weekend!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

DAMN!!! they got the beer!!!

On a side note, jocketts marina in Toledo was broken into friday nite and the beer supply for the antique boat show was stolen, about 10 cases. Please be on the lookout for some extremely drunk teenagers....
Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

Few years back we came across a picknick table floating out in lake MI!!! all you could see was the flat table top just bobbing out of the water..the rest was under water! Luck for us we were just cruising along barely on plane.....we hooked it up and towed it to shore. Hate to see the damage it would have caused if someone had run over it!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
I saw that fridge floating around Friday evening
Guess the sheriffs deputy's had something better to do......
Old 09-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Registered

This was the flavor of the day after the tropical storm that passed through, about a 40 ft wide dock floating in almost the exact place as that fridge. Called Travis county sheriff's office and within 20 minutes sheriffs boat was carting this thing to land....someone definitely would have gotten hurt on this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.