Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   South Central US (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us-225/)
-   -   How is the Boating in Dallas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/south-central-us/248146-how-boating-dallas.html)

endeavor1 02-25-2011 02:46 PM

There is the "Tex,E-1,Txhouse,VV" club but it is dwindling down anymore :lolhit: :party-smiley-004:

powercat 03-01-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by waterboy222 (Post 3333902)
4hours north is Grand Lake, home of some pretty fast stuff!

We have quite a few commuters from the Dallas area..

X2! Good night life, lots of boat up bars and restaurants.

XX14 03-06-2011 08:29 PM

Since we have knowledgeable folks on the Dallas area, what about Lake Whitney? I've heard it's one of the nicer lakes in Texas and the area where the Brazos comes in yields sandbars and places to set up chairs and the like. I'm looking for a place where we have enough lake to cover some ground, 25' Rage, and places to beach the boat so the kids can get out and play/swim. Thanks for your thoughts.

Powerquest_Baby!! 03-07-2011 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=TexomaPowerboater;3333884] The premier north texas boating lake is Lake Texoma, located on the TX/OK border, just one hour north of dallas. Its the 12th biggest lake in the country and the biggest lake in TX. /QUOTE]

I think you mean its the 12th largest reservoir lake in the country. I know its not even in the top 25 for all lakes.

Apple a day 03-08-2011 10:14 AM

Cedar Creek Lake isn't bad 33,000 acres and you can own waterfront property w/ private docks 65 miles fom Dallas. There is also a performance boat club. cedarcreekpa.org

TexomaPowerboater 03-08-2011 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=Powerquest_Baby!!;3344603]

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 3333884)
The premier north texas boating lake is Lake Texoma, located on the TX/OK border, just one hour north of dallas. Its the 12th biggest lake in the country and the biggest lake in TX. /QUOTE]

I think you mean its the 12th largest reservoir lake in the country. I know its not even in the top 25 for all lakes.

Lake Texoma is one of the largest reservoirs in the United States, the 12th largest Corps of Engineers (USACE) lake

97 FOUNTAIN 03-08-2011 07:24 PM

any poker run on texoma

bert4332 03-09-2011 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by XX14 (Post 3343882)
Since we have knowledgeable folks on the Dallas area, what about Lake Whitney? I've heard it's one of the nicer lakes in Texas and the area where the Brazos comes in yields sandbars and places to set up chairs and the like. I'm looking for a place where we have enough lake to cover some ground, 25' Rage, and places to beach the boat so the kids can get out and play/swim. Thanks for your thoughts.

Lake Whitney is nice, but smaller than Lewisville, Hubbard, and Texoma. Those lakes have bars and restaurants on the lake, Whitney, Roberts, and Bridgeport don't. But those lakes are less crowded, Texoma is so big that it's only crowded at the marinas.

Party Lake is Lewisville, without a doubt, Party cove I would guess averages around 300-400 boats a weekend.

Family lake is Roberts, not crowded at all and nice.

Take the boat and go for a long run, Texoma. The water in Texoma can change from 1' chop to 4' in 30 minutes though. You get every kind of boat made on Texoma due to it's size.

Travis is nice, clear, but crowded, narrow, and a lot of wakes.
Just North of the TX/OK border by 15 miles is Lake Murray, crystal clear, not too crowded, and some decent power boats.

I put in April and pull my boat in late October. So that's 6 months of boating. Each of the Lakes I mentioned are no more that 1.5hrs from the other. That's what's cool about it, you're not stuck with the same crowd on the same lake.

Texoma is really the Grand Daddy of the Lakes, everything you could want, the only thing I think that is against the Texoma is once you get off the lake, there's not a whole lot to do like there is in Dallas.

FastandFun 03-10-2011 09:36 AM

Texamo sounds like it is a lot of Fun!! Thanks for the info!

TexomaPowerboater 03-10-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 97 FOUNTAIN (Post 3345674)
any poker run on texoma

We had a few last year. We had a 3 year dry spell after the Flash Gordon accident.