Notices

Texoma-Travis

Old 03-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
LOL! No, not me, I promise!

Drove up to Leon's today and hit the dyno. 600 hp and 675 ft/lbs on one motor, and a damn intake leak on the other one. So, back to the garage to nail that down tomorrow and back up there next week to run it again.
Call me the next time you go up. Im gonna be free the next couple of weekends for a change
Old 04-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is 5 hours difference between Texoma and Travis. Is this a factor ?

I live on Texoma so my vote goes to ................
Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

texoma islands my vote!! theres always something strange going on.BRING YOUR CAMERA.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Memorial Day Weekend 11

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
The "clean clear water" is a catch 22. Texoma's water is not as clear because it has natural sand beaches. That should not be a deterant. Most of our partying is done on the beach at the islands, not at the bar; for obvious reasons.
New member on here, just got a Velocity 320. Texas Native but living in Arkansas. Our lake are not looking good for Memorial Day weekend and this Texan is looking for some locals to hang out with. I will be camping out on my boat. Looking for a Marina to slip with electric and some contact numbers to beach up and party.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 PM

Default Memorial Day Weekend 11

Originally Posted by Donman
There is 5 hours difference between Texoma and Travis. Is this a factor ?

I live on Texoma so my vote goes to ................
Looking for some locals to hang out with on Texoma for Memorial Day. Living in Arakansas and our lakes are not looking good for this Holiday do to all the trash floating! Hit me up if you go some suggestions.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Teague32TV
New member on here, just got a Velocity 320. Texas Native but living in Arkansas. Our lake are not looking good for Memorial Day weekend and this Texan is looking for some locals to hang out with. I will be camping out on my boat. Looking for a Marina to slip with electric and some contact numbers to beach up and party.
You can reach me at 817-437-2516. I've got a 16 month old and about 15 other guests that typically falls on the family side of boating. All you need to do to have good time on Texoma is drive towards the islands and park your boat. Tons of people out there partying, but I would recommend camping somewhere other than north island as they patrol very heavily out there at night. My family has a lakehouse on the Oklahoma side by the damn, (sunset cove). That is a really good area to overnight on as well. We see storms pretty often on Memorial day weekend. You may want to camp somewhere were you can get out of the rain if you need to.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered

Sounds like Texoma's water level is good. Don't go to Sam Rayburn Reservour, it is very low. It's only 5 1/2 feet deep at the main boat launch and the water level is dropping every day. I did manage to launch my 38 foot Cigarette this weekend. I may have to make a trip to Texoma, never been. Sounds like Sam Rayburn, sandy beaches, Party (Snake) Island, etc...
Are there stumps on Texoma?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
Are there stumps on Texoma?
I've seen a few around the beaches close to the shore, but you have to look for them. Nothing like ray hubbard where you can't boat in entire areas of the lake. Most are old tree's that have fallen down and eroded over time.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Based on what you are saying, it sounds like Travis would be perfect. There's no lack of party around here, sometimes a little too much party. :P

You do need to consider, our lake levels are dropping fast, launching may start getting tough soon.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

last time Travis went down they extended a lot of the ramps,
mansfield and Jonestown both now are useable own to 630.
Lake is currently at 656. Problem is many of the lakeside bars have little to no praking left.
Get used to the lower levels, starting next year the now finished cedar park pipeline starts pumping 200-300million gallons a year extra.. Between the drought and more and more people moving to an area with limited water resources (central texas) it is not gonna get better. Last year we were full due to the flood and so far we have dropped 30ft in a single year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.