Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Notices

Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Old 10-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freeport to Port O'Connor toy run

Anyone doing the toy run on Dec 3? I'm planning on going and maybe a couple of my buddies might bring there boats, looks like a good time for a good cause. I will try post the flyer if I can do it from my phone. If not the info is on 2coolfishing.com under the bluewater section.

Last edited by T-RAV; 10-11-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

It's going to be freezing!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
It's going to be freezing!!!!
I'm hoping for brisk! Last year it was in the 60's at that time so i'm rooting for that!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Registered

This is a run I'd love to do, I've eyeballed this flyer several times recently.
I actually just purchased fresh water intercoolers and was thinking that if I can get them in the boat soon it just might be possible if I can drum up time to solicit locally for toys for the kids.
Do any of you members know of a good marina for the night with power in Pt. O'Conner.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 10-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

So far the only marina I have found is St. Christopher's there number is 361-983-2017. They might be able to point you in the right direction. We haven't completely ironed out our plan yet but its looking like the condo we are going to rent will have extra slips, if we go that route your more than welcome to rent one there and plug into our condo.

Travis
Old 10-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

I've done this run 3 times and it's a lot of fun. Mostly fishing boats, but great people and for a good cause. Most people stay at Clarks Inn which has free slips with your room or there are several rental condos on the water that also have slips that are within walking distance to Clarks. I've gone when it was shorts and t-shirt weather and I've gone when it was freakin cold! It seems like it's always nice on Saturday on the way there and cold on Sunday when you have to come home. They had a great fireworks show last year as part of the boat parade. The town (Port O Connor) really caters to this event. You'll be amazed to see the boat loads (literally) of toys that some of these center consoles bring in.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Busta
I've done this run 3 times and it's a lot of fun. Mostly fishing boats, but great people and for a good cause. Most people stay at Clarks Inn which has free slips with your room or there are several rental condos on the water that also have slips that are within walking distance to Clarks. I've gone when it was shorts and t-shirt weather and I've gone when it was freakin cold! It seems like it's always nice on Saturday on the way there and cold on Sunday when you have to come home. They had a great fireworks show last year as part of the boat parade. The town (Port O Connor) really caters to this event. You'll be amazed to see the boat loads (literally) of toys that some of these center consoles bring in.
Are you doing it this year? Its a group of 8 of us, my boat and my friends fishing boat. We are thinking about staying at pirates cove condos? How are the ramps in Freeport Sat morning?

Last edited by T-RAV; 10-15-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Are you doing it this year? Its a group of 8 of us, my boat and my friends fishing boat. We are thinking about staying at pirates cove condos? How are the ramps in Freeport Sat morning?
As of now, we are planning to go and possibly with another 3 go fasts. We stayed at Pirates Cove Condos last year and that's where I would plan to stay this year. I just need to start coordinating with some folks. We've never had much luck at the Bridegbait Marina ramp. The tide is usually out which makes it shallow and the ramp isn't great for really long trailers. Last year we got my buddy's trailer for his 40' stuck on the ramp and had to get two trucks and a strap to snatch him out. If you have longer trailers, I would suggest putting in at the park on the San Bernard river and take the river down to the intercoastal. I would however drive your truck and trailer back around to Bridgebait to park it there Saturday night. The folks that put on this event hire security to watch the parking lot that night.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Busta
As of now, we are planning to go and possibly with another 3 go fasts. We stayed at Pirates Cove Condos last year and that's where I would plan to stay this year. I just need to start coordinating with some folks. We've never had much luck at the Bridegbait Marina ramp. The tide is usually out which makes it shallow and the ramp isn't great for really long trailers. Last year we got my buddy's trailer for his 40' stuck on the ramp and had to get two trucks and a strap to snatch him out. If you have longer trailers, I would suggest putting in at the park on the San Bernard river and take the river down to the intercoastal. I would however drive your truck and trailer back around to Bridgebait to park it there Saturday night. The folks that put on this event hire security to watch the parking lot that night.
Sweet glad to hear there will be some other go fast out there. We are planning on staying at pirates cove as of now, so I'm glad to know it is a decent place. Do you think my 25ol would have any trouble launching at bridgebait? What time is a good time to be down there to launch with all the traffic? Do y'all try to run with the pack or do you tend to be out front? If y'all did put in at the San b would you run back to Freeport or just take off from there? Sorry for all the questions, first time,I'm sure I will have more questions as it gets closer. Thanks

Travis

Last edited by T-RAV; 11-02-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.