Notices

Winter Fun

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Fun

I'd hate to live up north...77 degrees and mostly sunny on Friday and 73 and sunny on Sunday. Time to get the boat out for some winter time fun
Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Registered

U SuKK--- go pet your Fire Ants

Overnight: Increasing clouds, with a low around -7. Wind chill values between -10 and -15. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Friday: Snow, mainly after 8am. High near 13. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

I took my Cigarette Top Gun out in Galveston Bay 2 weeks ago. Mid 70's. and Sunny. Had a blast. Boat is in the shop now getting Arneson Converstions. Can't wait. I think we are going to have an early summer.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

We ran on the San Jac Sat, and the weather wasnt half bad. By the time the clouds started to clear it was 80 and sunny!

Water was 66 deg
Old 01-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Well.........I tried to go houseboating yesterday. It was so windy I decided I would just sit in the slip and try to get a little work done on it...................then the 50mph winds broke the dock cables on the adjecent slip next to us and the entire 32 bay slip crashed right into the boat next to me. Amazingly there was no damage, but I did come very close to sh$ting my pants.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Well.........I tried to go houseboating yesterday. It was so windy I decided I would just sit in the slip and try to get a little work done on it...................then the 50mph winds broke the dock cables on the adjecent slip next to us and the entire 32 bay slip crashed right into the boat next to me. Amazingly there was no damage, but I did come very close to sh$ting my pants.

I hope to be out in clear lake in the next few weeks.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
U SuKK--- go pet your Fire Ants

Overnight: Increasing clouds, with a low around -7. Wind chill values between -10 and -15. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Friday: Snow, mainly after 8am. High near 13. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Sorry to hear about that...here's a pic so you remember what liquid water looks like