Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Bimini - Summer 2013 - Who's In? >

Bimini - Summer 2013 - Who's In?

Notices

Bimini - Summer 2013 - Who's In?

Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bimini - Summer 2013 - Who's In?

It's been a couple of years, so Nancy and I are ready to do this again. We don't have a week nailed down yet, but we're shooting for sometime between mid-June and late-July. There are at least a couple of other folks here on Lake Travis who are planning to come. If anyone else wants to come along, let me know what week you'll be interested in.

Nancy and I went alone last time, and the trip this time will be pretty much the same as back then. See the thread below.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...anna-come.html

Ed
Old 02-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a great run. We have talked about that as our first nautical trip but have not gotten some things done to make it happen. Maybe this year could be the one for us.

How much fuel did you burn on that rough return trip last time?
I just hope my boat would make that range ok.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

We filled the boat up in Ft Lauderdale on the way out (180-gal tank). We were going so slow though, we only burned between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. On the way back, we filled up again (just in case...). But, again only burned 1/4-1/2 tank.

Bimini is only around 50-60 miles from Ft Lauderdale.

I talked to some of the local folks over the weekend, and we've decided to be on the island for the week of July 4th.

Fri June 28 - Leave Austin
Sat June 29 - Arrive in Ft Lauderdale
Sun June 30 - make the run across to Bimini
Fri July 5 - cross back to Ft Lauderdale, load up, and head home.

We're planning on staying at the Big Game resort again. Rooms are open for that week as of today.

Anyone else???
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OutlawEd
We filled the boat up in Ft Lauderdale on the way out (180-gal tank). We were going so slow though, we only burned between 1/4 and 1/2 tank. On the way back, we filled up again (just in case...). But, again only burned 1/4-1/2 tank.

Bimini is only around 50-60 miles from Ft Lauderdale.

I talked to some of the local folks over the weekend, and we've decided to be on the island for the week of July 4th.

Fri June 28 - Leave Austin
Sat June 29 - Arrive in Ft Lauderdale
Sun June 30 - make the run across to Bimini
Fri July 5 - cross back to Ft Lauderdale, load up, and head home.

We're planning on staying at the Big Game resort again. Rooms are open for that week as of today.

Anyone else???

The fuel parameters you mentioned here sounds like my boat can do it just fine. Maybe this is the year we will pull off our first trans-oceanic segment. Yea right a whole whopping 60 miles. But I would feel like I just crossed the ocean in my high spirited first run.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aquaforce
The fuel parameters you mentioned here sounds like my boat can do it just fine. Maybe this is the year we will pull off our first trans-oceanic segment. Yea right a whole whopping 60 miles. But I would feel like I just crossed the ocean in my high spirited first run.
Trust me - you'll have a blast! You in?
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OutlawEd
Trust me - you'll have a blast! You in?
I have to check our summer vacation dates. That is around the time we usually go to Iowa and visit family so I won't know for a few weeks.
The 4th on Bimini sounds great so I am looking into our plans to see what and when we are doing.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ed! Great to see you and Nancy are going again. We should of hitched a ride with Tom that first year all ya'll did the crossing. We will actually be going to the Bahamas at the end of May for about 8 or 9 days. Island hopping in The Abacos. Leaving out of Ft. Pierce on board friends 53' Hatteras. Will Travis ever come back? Come on big azz rain!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like a lot of fun and we would love to make a trip like this. Can't do it this year. Just bought a house and put Arnesons on the Cigarette. Question: Can you purchase super unleaded out there?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by firehill19
Hey Ed! Great to see you and Nancy are going again. We should of hitched a ride with Tom that first year all ya'll did the crossing. We will actually be going to the Bahamas at the end of May for about 8 or 9 days. Island hopping in The Abacos. Leaving out of Ft. Pierce on board friends 53' Hatteras. Will Travis ever come back? Come on big azz rain!
Good hearing from you Keith. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned.
Still doing our rain dances around here. It might be starting to work!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
This sounds like a lot of fun and we would love to make a trip like this. Can't do it this year. Just bought a house and put Arnesons on the Cigarette. Question: Can you purchase super unleaded out there?
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you can get super unleaded out there. Florida Powerboat Club does poker runs to/from Bimini each year. I'm sure some of those big cats have to fill up in Florida and again on Bimini.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.