Southern Intercoastal WW >

Southern Intercoastal WW

Notices

Southern Intercoastal WW

Old 02-23-2020, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Southern Intercoastal WW

I need info on boating from Seabrook TX to Panama City beach FL via ICW. It looks like its fairly unfriendly to pleasure boats?. Some fuel docks only sell to commercial. I have been reading Waterway Guide but would like local information.
Seems yacht marinas are few? Thanks
Old 02-23-2020, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
I need info on boating from Seabrook TX to Panama City beach FL via ICW. It looks like its fairly unfriendly to pleasure boats?. Some fuel docks only sell to commercial. I have been reading Waterway Guide but would like local information.
Seems yacht marinas are few? Thanks
you’ll for sure be good once you get to mississippi (the state). I’ve made Biloxi to Destin several times. What’s your fuel range?
Old 02-23-2020, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm watching this thread. I just moved my Formula 311 to Perdido Key/Pensacola Fl and I want to "do the ditch".
Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

about 200 mi up on plane. I have boated in the florida panhandle. All good. Its texas to miss that seems to be the issue
Old 02-25-2020, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Here is an older thread from Houston area to Baton Rouge, LA
How far to L'Auberge from Galveston?
Old 02-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
about 200 mi up on plane. I have boated in the florida panhandle. All good. Its texas to miss that seems to be the issue
Good to know...I will be looking for wingmen (or "leads").
Old 07-28-2020, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
I'm watching this thread. I just moved my Formula 311 to Perdido Key/Pensacola Fl and I want to "do the ditch".
Im going to be in the Orange Beach Perdido area next week. Any suggestions on some cool beaches or snorkeling in the area. Ill be staying at Bella Luna. From what im seeing on the map. The boating looks pretty straight forward. Any and all suggestions appreciated...
Old 07-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Registered

Are you boating to Bella Luna? Is that on the north side of Perdido Key? Near the Flora-Bama? I am about 3 miles east the Flora-Bama... also on the north side of the key. Unfortunately we are in North Carolina during your stay. As I would love to meet / meet/host a fellow Forum number. I'm not too sure about snorkeling but you will find tons of little Islands to anchor by. Have fun!
Old 07-28-2020, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
Are you boating to Bella Luna? Is that on the north side of Perdido Key? Near the Flora-Bama? I am about 3 miles east the Flora-Bama... also on the north side of the key. Unfortunately we are in North Carolina during your stay. As I would love to meet / meet/host a fellow Forum number. I'm not too sure about snorkeling but you will find tons of little Islands to anchor by. Have fun!
Thats exactly where we will be. Ive never stayed there before but I heard it was a beautiful area. I certainly appreciate the offer. I may take you up on that on the next go around. My goal is to make it there a couple of times a year. Im definitely looking forward to exploring and seeing some of the beautiful beaches and homes there. Since your going to be out of town can I park my trailer at your place?LOL just messing with you. Hopefully they won't close everything before we get there. Louisiana is starting to shut down again.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eddienel
Thats exactly where we will be. Ive never stayed there before but I heard it was a beautiful area. I certainly appreciate the offer. I may take you up on that on the next go around. My goal is to make it there a couple of times a year. Im definitely looking forward to exploring and seeing some of the beautiful beaches and homes there. Since your going to be out of town can I park my trailer at your place?LOL just messing with you. Hopefully they won't close everything before we get there. Louisiana is starting to shut down again.
Flora-Bama Bar traffic might be an issue...both on the street and on the water. Perdido Pass is great for rafting up/boat watching. My boat is in the boat house so my trailer takes up my only parking (neighbors probably don't appreciate it)...wish I could help with parking.
East to Pensacola Pass through Big Lagoon to Ft. McRee is also a nice little adventure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.