Winterizing

Old 10-26-2020, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts

ugh!
Old 10-26-2020, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Fog engines or no? North Texas 468CID supercharged.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts

Mine are not supercharged, but I don't fog, I just pour some oil down the carbs at idle to choke it out., just as it running out of fuel, fuel valves closed.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 318 Likes on 187 Posts

I keep mine in a heated garage, but I'm in Northern Michigan, it gets to -20 up here. I put a drain in the garage so I just open up the drains and let it run out. I fog by just cranking the engine, it doesn't mess the plugs up as much. also learned from Amsoil that it's a good idea to change your oil before you put your toys away. The old oil has acids and moisture in it that can allow corrosion to start. I change my oil and plugs at the end of the season so I can get on the water quicker come spring. I also crank the engine over to make sure everything is lubricated with fresh oil. Previous owner didn't fog and the cylinders were so rusted I had to bore it out and get new pistons and rings and of course a bunch of other improvements. The big problem I have is that the garage is so well insulated that in the summer it stays really cool, you open the bay door on a hot humid day and the entire boat is soaking wet. I keep a shelf full of towels to dry it off every time I put it away so it doesn't mold up.