Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Boating in St. Pete Beach area >

Boating in St. Pete Beach area

Like Tree0Likes

Boating in St. Pete Beach area

Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

My Boat: 24' Skater twin 2.5 ROS, 353 Fastech, Malibu Response LXI, 1986 STV Pro Comp Ski

What are the dates you are going to be down there? We had a change of plans & may be heading to St. Pete for Thanksgiving also. Not sure yet if we are taking a boat & if so which one. We have a house on the bay side, do you know where you will be staying at ?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

My Boat: 99' AT28twin, 2004 Starcraft, 1978 Switzer

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA View Post
What are the dates you are going to be down there? We had a change of plans & may be heading to St. Pete for Thanksgiving also. Not sure yet if we are taking a boat & if so which one. We have a house on the bay side, do you know where you will be staying at ?
Yeah, we stay same place each yr, last 4 anyway. It's right near the Don Caesar, straight back toward the toll booth on that main street; I don't know the name of the rd. We rent the "Sea Joy" house with my sisters and their kids from Nov. 17-24th. Would love to see a couple other boaters and do some day trips. Give me a call if you're down there same time.
Chris
919.669.2249 cell
Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA View Post
Also, if you don't happen to bring a boat, call me for a ride if you want.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 1985 Cigarette 28SS, 2003 Formula 260 SS

Fish Tales is still there. It's right next door to the Harborage Marina and Passport Marine.

The city of St. Petersburg has also recently installed public docks (with I think a whopping 8 slips) downtown right next to Frescos at the south westernmost part of the Pier.

I'm taking my boat to thanksgiving at the Columbia on the Pier if the weather is nice .

*VERY IMPORTANT: Get charts and stay in the channels. Don't assume that just because theres large areas of open water that they are deep.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boat: 27 Concept & Mastercraft 190 Prostar

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Fish Tales is still there. It's right next door to the Harborage Marina and Passport Marine.

The city of St. Petersburg has also recently installed public docks (with I think a whopping 8 slips) downtown right next to Frescos at the south westernmost part of the Pier.

I'm taking my boat to thanksgiving at the Columbia on the Pier if the weather is nice .

*VERY IMPORTANT: Get charts and stay in the channels. Don't assume that just because theres large areas of open water that they are deep.
DD - where do you dock when you go to the Columbia? I've always found the docking around the Pier to be suspect at best - but then again I have not been there in a while by boat - has it improved?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Actually I've never docked there but have seen boats tied up at the pilings on the west side of it. It doesn't look too bad, not great but...
Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer

I wouldn't get anywhere near the docks at the pier, they're a jagged mess of concrete, rusted bolts, and rotting poles, directly exposed to choppy open water.

The new docks at Fresco's are great, very nice place to tie up.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boat: 27 Concept & Mastercraft 190 Prostar

Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
I wouldn't get anywhere near the docks at the pier, they're a jagged mess of concrete, rusted bolts, and rotting poles, directly exposed to choppy open water.
That was my recollection of the the docking there... NOT GOOD!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks for the insight. I'll have to re-evaluate taking the boat there.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Change of plans,...not bringing the AT to St.Pete for the annual "Thanksmas" family get-together. However, if anyone is boating in the area nov. 18-25th and wouldn't mind taking an avid boat enthusiast for a spin I would be more than appreciative!
Hey, It's worth a shot, right?

Quick Reply: Boating in St. Pete Beach area

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser