Boating in St. Pete Beach area >

Boating in St. Pete Beach area

Notices

Boating in St. Pete Beach area

Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Boating in St. Pete Beach area

I'll be in St. Pete Beach for Thanksgiving week with my AT 28. Anybody know the area well? I'd like to expand my horizon beyond the Boca Ciego bay.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

I know it pretty well, live here a couple years. What are you looking for?
Food: Rattlefish in TPA bay just south of the Gandy Bridges nice place, good docks and food.
Party scence: Shell Key is just south of Boca Ciega and is about largest gathering spot. They are in process of passing laws to shut the party down though so the status over Thanksgiving is up in the air.
Nice Beach: Caledesse is just south of Dunedin Causeway on the ICW and very nice beach/state park.

There is a ton of people on OSO that live or lived here so lots of local knowledge.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think rattlefish closed down, and just north of the Dunedin Causeway you have Threerooker nice beach.And just west of that beach you have the Anclote river where the sponge docks are Not a lot of places to dock but one greek rest. has a place to dock and you can eat there.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Thanks,...I went to shell isl. last year and plan to go again. I am also looking for someone to run with out in the gulf for some air time, also try to see some new areas....thanks
Chris
Old 10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mneal
I know it pretty well, live here a couple years. What are you looking for?
Food: Rattlefish in TPA bay just south of the Gandy Bridges nice place, good docks and food.
Party scence: Shell Key is just south of Boca Ciega and is about largest gathering spot. They are in process of passing laws to shut the party down though so the status over Thanksgiving is up in the air.
Nice Beach: Caledesse is just south of Dunedin Causeway on the ICW and very nice beach/state park.

There is a ton of people on OSO that live or lived here so lots of local knowledge.
Rattlefish is gone - being replaced with the Tampa Harbor Yacht facility - still a year or so away from being up and running.

Shell Isle - the City just passed an ordinance prohibiting alcohol and dogs on Shell Island or the surrounding waters. Not sure of when this ordinance takes effect; however, it will have a serious damper on the party scene at Shell.

Egmont Key is pretty nice, but at Thanksgiving the water will be a little cold to be swimming around in.. at least for me..

Downtown Tampa offers Ricks on the River (a dive bar with decent weekend bands) and that's about it.

Up Old Tampa Bay past SR 60 Bridge (Courtney Campbell Causeway) there is a Bahama Breeze restaurant on the water, nice run, but need to pay attention to the channel markers as it get shallow up there. Docks at Bahama Breeze are ok - too narrow for my cat so I usually park on the outside of them or perpendicular to the ends (tends to hack off a few people).

There are a couple of places in Downtown St. Pete (Fishtales still there?), but nothing too crazy.

Best bet that time of year is Three Rooker but that will be a decent run from St. Pete Beach.

PM me when you know more about the details of your trip and we can try to meet up.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

head outside and run south to Sarasota and go into the boat basin where the Hyatt is. The boathouse restaurant is real nice as is the poolside bar at the Hyatt
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Tampa side has Circles in Apollo Beach, Closed Mondays, takes dogs, outside seating and little Harbor in Ruskin has a tiki bar.

Downtown Tampa Cafe Dufrain by boat or the Itialian restaurant next door "That's Amore", maybe an early dinner.

There's Gators in John's pass.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Registered

Thanks y'all...keep em coming
Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

..............Little Harbor on Tampa Bay/ Ruskin
Stay in the channel and off shore 500 feet when not in the channel, Manateee Zones near shore.
Attached Thumbnails Boating in St. Pete Beach area-1stsept-001.jpg   Boating in St. Pete Beach area-1stsept-002.jpg   Boating in St. Pete Beach area-1stsept-005.jpg  

Old 10-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Take a run down to Mar Vista on Longboat Key (Sarasota). It's a nice run which you can do either in the bay or out in the gulf, weather depending. You won't regret it.

http://www.marvista-restaurant.com/
27* 26' 17" N
82* 40' 51" W

Quick Reply: Boating in St. Pete Beach area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.