Where's the best boating in FL?? >

Where's the best boating in FL??

Notices

Where's the best boating in FL??

Old 05-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamplizard
I live south of Boca on a canal - the inlet to the ocean is less than half a mile away which is a huge factor....I have freinds on canals that have to ride nearly an hour at no wake to get to the ocean.

it really dpends on what kind of boating you want to do - east coast has the bahamas and lots of action...west coast is a bit more laid back
Yeh where you live there are some people way the f' out in the Pompano area on canals and part of Boca that goes along the Hillsboro canal, takes you forever to get to the intracoastal lol.

I would say best area, south FL, from WPB/Boca and south, so many good restaurants, parts of the intracoastal you don't have to follow no wake and can speed up or go wakeboarding etc, close to island chain (bahamas etc), down the Keys. Almost every sunday everyone chills in Lake Boca which is a huge open setion of the intracoastal here, just party and drink.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotstang46
well, with the real estate prices so low I think I'm going to purchase a place in FL. If you were to move to an area for boating where would it be and why? I'm a great lakes boater and the idea of the calm, warmer waters is really enticing. It seems there are just so many things to do on the water in FL. I can't wait to start checking out restraunts, islands, and planning some trips.

I've been doing my looking online so far from Tampa to naples and then the Ft Lauderdale area. I did make a trip down and covered apollo beach and the sanibel/fortmyers/ cape coral area. It's just so hard not currently living in the area and not being able to get on the water. My budget will afford a canal home in the areas I mentioned.

Any advise about the area's and it's boating would be very much appreciated..
if you are looking for calm waters then ft lauderdale is NOT the place for you. the water is a mess more then it is great. i was in ft myers/sanibel for a poker run a few weeks ago and that area is just unbelievable. i loved it and would have moved there in a heartbeat had i seen that area before i moved to ft lauderdale. i moved here 2 years ago and love it but had i gone to ft myers 1st i would have moved there for sure. ft lauderdale is the so called boating capital of the world but as far as calm waters go, no way. i cant tell you how many times the ocean has looked like a lake and by the time i make the 45 min run thru a no wake zone just to get to the ocean, it turned bad and i mean real fast. annoying and very very unpredictable. cant beat the nite life but you asked about boating. so if you ask me ft myers area is way way better.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitelife is where you gather the crew for the next day of boating
Old 06-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Visiting Pensacola, saw a cig.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Destin,Ft Walton , for north Fla.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Where's the best boating in FL??-bowlegs-6-7-08-82-large-.jpgI'm with Kevinr, Destin To Navarre is great. Good night life as well. We had the Billy Bowlegs priate festival this past weekend.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:09 PM

I was there ,right next to the Helen-Back house boat,can you believe we got in a fight over cranking up the cigarette& sounding off those 4.5" stelling straight pipes with some people in a rent-a-pontoon!!!! luckily im friends with the senior game wardens there, they told them to move.......HA!! ..........................we didnt leave til 12:00 am
Old 06-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Best Boating in FL

Ft Lauderdale, the Yachting Capital of the world, has the most and best hot spots but speed limits and lack of open space in the ICW to run. Miami and the Keys are fairly close and better boating. It's all good!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captain_Larry
Attachment 346516I'm with Kevinr, Destin To Navarre is great. Good night life as well. We had the Billy Bowlegs priate festival this past weekend.

Where was that photo taken?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:54 PM

some vintage wwII planes flew overBowlegs.

Last edited by kevinr; 06-24-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Where's the best boating in FL??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.