Possibly relocating to Atlanta area >

Possibly relocating to Atlanta area

Notices

Possibly relocating to Atlanta area

Old 10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the input Mike.

i officially accepted the job offer on Friday but one of the hurdles now is selling our house in IL! The company I work for is going to look into one of those relocation companies with us to try and help us get down there asap!

We only have a 1/4 acre yard here and would like something a little bigger but its not the end of the world i guess.

We are planning on going down there the first week of Nov to take a look around and so my wife who has never been to Georgia can see what it is like down there.

She has found a ton of houses she loves already and is looking forward to the move which is great.

Did you find a house down there yet? What areas are you looking at?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We live in West Cobb on 2 acres. 15 miles to the lake= 30-45 minutes drive time. No covenants etc. so I keep the Apache in the driveway so I can tinker with it.
Lots of good deals on older homes with some acreage if you don't want to be in a subdivision.
Look at Paulding, Bartow and Cherokee counties as well.
I agree with what the other guys say . We keep our pontoon at Glade Marina http://www.glademarina.com and use it 2-3 times per week because its so easy and convenient.
The public ramps can be a zoo during summer so its worth every penny for us to have access to the private ramps at the marina.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by debcod2

Did you find a house down there yet? What areas are you looking at?
We aren't looking for a house so much as a town home. We are trying to live pretty close to town. Thinking Buckhead, Smyrna, Vinnings and some other places around there. We are a young newly wed couple still looking for the night life and dining.

Also, I am sure you have been told - but the biggest down fall about ATL is the traffic. I haven't lived it yet but I hear it is crazy. Since you are going to be working from home it won't affect you as much but something to keep in mind.

If you check out any marina's during your trip be sure to post your findings. I have only been to Port Royal. Very nice but extremely unconventional way of rack storing boats.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JnT
We live in West Cobb on 2 acres. 15 miles to the lake= 30-45 minutes drive time. No covenants etc. so I keep the Apache in the driveway so I can tinker with it.
Lots of good deals on older homes with some acreage if you don't want to be in a subdivision.
Look at Paulding, Bartow and Cherokee counties as well.
I agree with what the other guys say . We keep our pontoon at Glade Marina http://www.glademarina.com and use it 2-3 times per week because its so easy and convenient.
The public ramps can be a zoo during summer so its worth every penny for us to have access to the private ramps at the marina.
What is the town of Acworth like? My wife has found quite a few houses in that area she likes and it looks like it has good scools as well.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
We aren't looking for a house so much as a town home. We are trying to live pretty close to town. Thinking Buckhead, Smyrna, Vinnings and some other places around there. We are a young newly wed couple still looking for the night life and dining.

Also, I am sure you have been told - but the biggest down fall about ATL is the traffic. I haven't lived it yet but I hear it is crazy. Since you are going to be working from home it won't affect you as much but something to keep in mind.

If you check out any marina's during your trip be sure to post your findings. I have only been to Port Royal. Very nice but extremely unconventional way of rack storing boats.
I hear ya on the traffic! ATL is like Chicago and you definatley need to know how to get around it all.
I will let you know if we check any marinas out while we are there as well.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:29 PM
JnT
Registered

Originally Posted by debcod2
What is the town of Acworth like? My wife has found quite a few houses in that area she likes and it looks like it has good scools as well.
Acworth has everything from trailer parks to golf communities.
Historic Downtown is really small but has a few good restaraunts.
I have several friends that live close to Acworth and they enjoy it.

Last edited by JnT; 10-13-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JnT
Acworth has everything from trailer parks to golf communities.
Historic Downtown is really small but has a few good restaraunts.
I have several friends that live close to Acworth and they enjoy it.
I did notice the trailer parks! thats the nice thing about google earth, you can zoom in and all around to see what is all around you.
They definatley have some nice homes in that area.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gabaja242
Burning gas sounds great and there are plenty of miles of water to do so lakes are all back up to normal

The taxes are done differntly from county to county but I will have my wife check on that and get you a ball park, we live over on the NE side a mile from Lake Lanier so are taxes might not be the same but will see what info I can get you.

When ever you get a chance to come to town look us up been in the area all my life so can help you out getting around.
770-318-2591

Looking foward to burning gas with you someday soon, Going to go burn some today since will be raining Sat and Sun.

Also if you need transport help for cars or boat when you move let me can help with that also.
Here is my cell # 567-230-3000 and my name is Jason.
Can you have your wife give us a call in the next couple days? We are going to fly down on Nov 5th and will have the 6th and 7th to look around and we would like to give some MLS #'s to your wife so she can give us her thoughts on a few of the houses we have found in Acworth and Marietta and possibly show them to us on those days if at all possible.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Registered

Hey Jason, Just got your message been out of town for sometime, will have her give you a call Mon or Tues as we have a pretty hectic weekend ahead.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gabaja242
Hey Jason, Just got your message been out of town for sometime, will have her give you a call Mon or Tues as we have a pretty hectic weekend ahead.
Just sent you a PM