Moving back to Florida... >

Moving back to Florida...

Notices

Moving back to Florida...

Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Br1dgemann
The other thing to bear in mind, is if you relocate to the huricane zone of South Florida, you are going to pay DEARLY for homeowner's insurance / windstorm protection.....That, of course, assumes someone will actually write you a policy. Be cautious.
That's not just South Florida but anywhere on the coast.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1dgemann
The other thing to bear in mind, is if you relocate to the huricane zone of South Florida, you are going to pay DEARLY for homeowner's insurance / windstorm protection.....That, of course, assumes someone will actually write you a policy. Be cautious.
Originally Posted by sprink58
That's not just South Florida but anywhere on the coast.
That is so true anywhere south of Interstate 10 insurance is absurd ! When a bad hurricane hits NOT IF but when it hits insurance company's will do anything NOT TO PAY !
READ YOUR POLICY CAREFULLY (WITH YOUR LAWYER).
Old 12-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: Happened sooner than we thought... moving back to the Clearwater Beach area in a few weeks. Start the new job Feb 1st.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Good news, hope it all works for the both of you. BTW I'm jealous.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by beerme
Update: Happened sooner than we thought... moving back to the Clearwater Beach area in a few weeks. Start the new job Feb 1st.

Congrats!!! I have always liked that area...great boating, beaches and easy access to Caledesi Island. I have used that inlet a few times making the Gulf run to and from Panama City.

Welcome back!!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Welcome back! I'm in the Tampa area, been here almost a year. Seems nice enough.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

beerme....Please keep us posted where you decide to live. I do not know your personal finances and please understand where Im coming from. I lived in Pompano Beach for two years and spent most of my time from West Palm to Miami. The line of work I did was mostly on the water (ICW) and I meet some great people and drank a few beers with them. All I can say is WOW. The money the sight and sounds are unbelievable in these areas. If I was fortunate enough to even THINK about being able to buy a house in those areas would be a accomplishment of its own. You cant even compare any other places in Florida to South Florida. Yes I have been to Naples,Ft Myers,St Pete,Tampa etc and are all great places that I would live but IMO you cant compare these places in the same sentence as south florida. Good Luck and keep us posted!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Big fan of boca lake! (East cost between westpalm and ft laud)
Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
beerme....Please keep us posted where you decide to live. I do not know your personal finances and please understand where Im coming from. I lived in Pompano Beach for two years and spent most of my time from West Palm to Miami. The line of work I did was mostly on the water (ICW) and I meet some great people and drank a few beers with them. All I can say is WOW. The money the sight and sounds are unbelievable in these areas. If I was fortunate enough to even THINK about being able to buy a house in those areas would be a accomplishment of its own. You cant even compare any other places in Florida to South Florida. Yes I have been to Naples,Ft Myers,St Pete,Tampa etc and are all great places that I would live but IMO you cant compare these places in the same sentence as south florida. Good Luck and keep us posted!
Yes, I will... we're looking inland in the Clearwater, Dunedin, Largo area to rent for a year, then purchase something on the ICW after we settle in.

Let the stress of moving begin.... arrrrgh!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered

Congrats and welcome back. This is definitely where I would have recommended. I have boated and fished all over the state and would definitely say the Tampa Bay area has the best boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.