floridas west coast

Notices

floridas west coast

Old 02-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floridas west coast

Can someone on the west coast tell me if naples or fmb is better for performance boating or is your recommendation in another area? also, any good repair shops around those areas?? I mean good shops,not someone who is gonna experiment on my boat till they get it right..

Last edited by activator40; 02-10-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Cape Coral, just outside Ft. Myers, their are a few performance boats around not many. Their is an Offshore club in the Naples/Ft Myers area that do several runs. Go down to Club section at the bottom and post in the Ft. Myers club. They will steer you in the right direction.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
I live in Cape Coral, just outside Ft. Myers, their are a few performance boats around not many. Their is an Offshore club in the Naples/Ft Myers area that do several runs. Go down to Club section at the bottom and post in the Ft. Myers club. They will steer you in the right direction.
Thank you
Old 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by activator40
Can someone on the west coast tell me if naples or fmb is better for performance boating or is your recommendation in another area? also, any good repair shops around those areas?? I mean good shops,not someone who is gonna experiment on my boat till they get it right..
What kind of work do you need done on your boat? Depending on what it is we have a few good marinas here. There are alot of perfromance boats in this area, you just have to know where to look.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I live in cape also. You see em but not like when I lived in MD. I love the warm weather so I'm staying. On my way out of my canal there is a fountain and a Baja I think. Never see those 2 leave the lift. I'm too slow for the fmo club. I top out at their cruise speeds. Hahaha
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Registered

Hill marine in Ft. Myers has alot of experience in performance boats. Former racers with a very good reputation in this area.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I'm too slow for the fmo club. I top out at their cruise speeds. Hahaha
So not true, I use to have a 272 Formula, that is a great boat that can cruise at 50 to 55 all day long. You would fit in better than you think. Come out for one of the intercostal runs and see.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by outlawten5
Hill marine in Ft. Myers has alot of experience in performance boats. Former racers with a very good reputation in this area.
Yep Lenny Hill is very good.

Other Marina's in the area:
Offshore Performance (Fort Myers)
Page Marine (Fort Myers)
Marine Specalties (Cape Coral)
Snook Bight Marine (Fort Myers Beach)

There are many others but these are all good.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
So not true, I use to have a 272 Formula, that is a great boat that can cruise at 50 to 55 all day long. You would fit in better than you think. Come out for one of the intercostal runs and see.
I appreciate it maritime but 50-55 is near top speed. Avg top speed is 58. Best of 63 once on a cool day. Comfy cruise is 40. It's only small blocks. I might try to come out for 1 but I'm also very limited on time as I work 28 days on and 14 off. So scheduling is also a problem with fmo only having a few runs a year.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

you should try 3 wks on and 1 off for scheduling.

as for speed and keeping up, i wouldn't worry, everyone has there own version of cruising speed. plus most don't go that fast, they don't wanna spill their drinks .........hahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.