Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Help with Lanier and Allatoona boat ramps. >

Help with Lanier and Allatoona boat ramps.

Notices

Help with Lanier and Allatoona boat ramps.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Help with Lanier and Allatoona boat ramps.

Now that I am running a 42' boat I need to know what ramps are length friendly and have easy access with overnight parking for the truck and trailer where it is safe. What are the best ramps for this criteria that you all can tell me?
I want to boat Lanier and Allatoona so what ramps are good for a 42' Formula?
TIA
Old 08-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

With the lake going down some right now, I would say Bald Ridge in Cumming would be a safe bet for a 42'.

When the lake was low a couple years ago, they were one of the last ramps still open and we had to launch our 292 there as well.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2nd on Baldridge. Ramp fee is now $10 but they have security for overnight
Old 08-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

3RD vote for blad ridge, right off 400. nice place, cheap. and yes security.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Registered

ok so what about Allatoona? I heard of a private place that has a good ramp for big boats but I can't remember the name. Anyone use that place?
Old 09-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Registered

We went to Holiday Marina since it was close to us. WOW!!!! I have never seen a boat ramp as tight and restrictive to access. Backing all the way around a parking lot and bending around vehicles then cornering around a dumpster would have been impossible without a spotter and voice link.
The slip was ok but the 30A socket in the post did not work and I didn't have a 50A to 30 adapter so we ran on the generator overnight. Power or not I am not sleeping in a hot Atlanta night without AC. Running the gen in the slip may not be recommended but I slept comfy. I have an adapter now so I can work with the 50A sockets too.
The ramp was the most restrictive part of this trip. Overall we had a good time.
We may try the ramp at Aqualand this weekend and anchor out for the night.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:49 AM
2jz
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i would say check out hideaway bay marina has big ramp, fuel dock and restaurant all right there at the ramp. two ways to get off 400 friendship rd i think is best for you. The other way up exit 12 has a railroad track with little hill to cross over and goes into neighborhood with two turns dont go this way
Old 09-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2jz
i would say check out hideaway bay marina has big ramp, fuel dock and restaurant all right there at the ramp. two ways to get off 400 friendship rd i think is best for you. The other way up exit 12 has a railroad track with little hill to cross over and goes into neighborhood with two turns dont go this way
Thanks for the reference and the travel advice. I definitely would go a long way around something before trying to snake a long trailer through tight areas; that is no fun.

Broke a wheel bearing and got very lucky to make it home without loosing the wheel or wiping a spindle out. Right now the whole trailer is on stands and all the wheels are off to replace all bearings, races, seals, brakes and some wrong wheel studs. Hopefully I will have all this done for this weekend.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by debcod2
With the lake going down some right now, I would say Bald Ridge in Cumming would be a safe bet for a 42'.

When the lake was low a couple years ago, they were one of the last ramps still open and we had to launch our 292 there as well.
+1

When the lake was REALLY low Bald Ridge was the last one open.

The only other one was at the park in Gainesville, I wouldnt leave a truck there though, it is too remote.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Have you considered stacking it at any of the marinas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.