House Hunting in Florida! >

House Hunting in Florida!

Notices

House Hunting in Florida!

Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Footprint
The crappiest part of this whole thing is the fact that we are self employed, and buy and sell anything for a living. We can go anywhere we want to once the little princess graduates high school. So trying to find the perfect place to live among so many great areas is overwhelming. Being born and raised in Seattle, I really miss the water and trees. Living in Colorado for the last 20 something years, I really miss the water and I'm getting sick of winter. That is why Florida sounded so appealing. Anything east of Colorado is going to be muggy and buggy, so might as well live by the beach right?
The problem is that we are kind of Jeckyll and Hyde when it comes to our lifestyle........one part of us loves the flashy ritzy lifestyle, and the other half would be at home on 40 acres in the woods with 4 wheelers and guns. The wife is not hard to look at and her new car is a 2003 996tt and I want to make sure we are not somewhere that I have to worry about her safety. I can handle myself and get along with just about anyone. Where would you look?
Done, East GA!

Originally Posted by tommymonza
All of Florida is a Ghetto, with the lower East Coast being the Hood.

I am looking at just the opposite after 30 years in Florida.

Burned out on the long humid summers ,We started in the 90s around April 1st and it doesn't cool down till the 1st Cold front about Nov 1st . Just when the weather cools down and gets nice the tourist traffic becomes unbelievable..

I am thinking maybe Nevada , Close enough to California to bounce in and out of and visit.
+1 my man. If I didn't have 15 Florida certifications for my career which don't transfer out of state I would have been gone long ago to N. GA.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've spent quite a bit of time on Realtor.com looking at property in SW Florida. (Cape Coral to Naples) Waterfront will be over, way over $300K w/ 5 acres. Most property with gulf access for anything larger than a jon boat is going to be over $300K. However...5 acres east of I-75 is very doable for under your price point and usually comes with a 3/4 bedroom home with a decent outbuilding. North of Ft. Myers and as long as you're not on the beach...you can find large inland lots/homes also. I have a condo in Englewood on Manasota Key. Property 3 or 4 miles from the gulf is very reasonable between Englewood and Port Charlotte.

I'd suggest looking from Nokomis/Venice south to Englewood. You can probably find a 5 acre lot with nice home within 5 to 10 minutes to a boat launch and enough up scale restaurants/shopping to keep the Ms. happy within a 30 minute drive or less...ie. close enough to Sarasota/St Armands/Siesta Key/Boca Grande.

Sidney
Old 09-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Double post.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three years ago we sold our house at LOTO and moved full time to Cape Coral, love the area, but after being away from our kids and grandkids for two and half years and only seeing them 2-3 times, we came back and bought another place at LOTO.

All of our Family is on St. Louis, so they're close enough to see a couple times a month during the six months we'll be up at LOTO, we'll be heading back down to the Cape here in three weeks for the Winter, it's the best of both worlds.

There's several reasons why we wanted to go six months and six months, get to see the Family during the Summer, we get boat and enjoy the LOTO, health insurance and dental insurance is a problem if you want to keep your Doctor in your primary state, health insurance doesn't cross state lines.

But if you're not a cold weather person like me and lucky enough the be able to spend the Winters down in South Florida it doesn't get any better, I must admit one other thing we didn't like about living full time down in the South Florida is that it rains or storms almost everyday for an hour or two in the afternoon during Summer, the rain and lightening really sucks.

Finding what your looking for close or on the water is going to be difficult or impossible, you can probably find a bigger lot and house for 300K, but it's you're going to have to drive to the water and beach, but the Winter weather is beautiful. hey, these are my opinions, good luck with your search.

Last edited by 314joey; 09-16-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bummer, double post
Old 09-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah. East of 75 on the caloosahatchee will you give you waterfront access with acreage at a much lower cost. The only bummer is you have a longer boat ride out. I live in the cape and love it. The afternoon t-storms don't bother me at all. Plus swfl has FMO which is a great group of guys who love being on the water.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for all the replies guys...........good info
Old 09-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Turn Off the Damn Rain Please . I may have the Will and can make the time to build an Ark but rounding up all the same sex animals to be politically correct these days will push me over the edge
Old 09-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Footprint
Thanks for all the replies guys...........good info
No problem. If you're in the swfl area when I'm home is be glad to help out or just grab a beer.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'll look you up on the next trip! I think on the next one we will be looking from tampa to ft myers to orlando.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.