Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
New to Cape Coral >

New to Cape Coral

Notices

New to Cape Coral

Old 05-21-2020, 01:16 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

We have all kinds of boats do the FMO runs. General speeds are 60+ on the runs. Different groups run different speeds. We have cats, Vs, CCs, I/Os, OBs.

for any bottom stuff even depth you’ll need a transducer. The plus for a plotter is knowing the channels and adding tracks over time.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks. Looking forward to do a few runs. I'll be following "closely"... Still have not received a confirmation from FMO so I may reach out today just to check.
The following users liked this post:
Nothing personel 353 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpidRacer
Thanks. Looking forward to do a few runs. I'll be following "closely"... Still have not received a confirmation from FMO so I may reach out today just to check.
Tim is the president. He’s been out of town working and may not have had a chance to get to it yet. Any questions you have or just wanna hang out give me a text/call mike 8502385655. I work offshore so texts are usually better.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:14 PM
Registered

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the gesture. Absolutely up to connect some time. I work mainly from home these days and not traveling much either so I am almost always available if any of you guys want to connect. 6466454851.

Today I got my first reminder of how "simple projects" become marathons. Trying to simply remove the rear section of the sunpad to have two small 9" sections stitched while attempting to leave the actual hatch on the boat "saving time and effort", the wind blew the hatch backwards while disconnected from the hydraulic ram. I was alone and could not stop it. Now I have to remove the whole thing, top and bottom sunpad, and not only have the stitching done, but also fix the self inflicted fiberglass cracks at both aft corner where the hatch hinges are bolted. That's what I get for trying to do a two-men job alone... Any recommendations for a good fiberglass person?

Old 05-21-2020, 09:33 PM
Registered

Oh god. That blows. I haven’t used them personally but these guys seem to do good work. They usually have before/after stuff on their Facebook page.

Boat Gelcoat Repair Fiberglass Repair Collision Repair Detailing
Old 05-22-2020, 05:46 AM
Registered

Yes, thank you. I exchanged a few messages with Michael Sweetman of AAA Marine but on a boat detailing inquiry last week. Quick detailed response. On the surface (via texts), he seemed like a professional straight-up legit guy so I will likely reach out to him once I have the naked fiberglass hatch piece.

I have a lady friend visiting today and staying for a mini-vacation days so I'll have an "assistant boat technician" for a while... plus easy on the eyes as a bonus.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Registered

Got to love the easy on the eyes part. Lol. Bad weekend to be boatless though. Lol
Old 05-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Registered

Yup, work will go slower, but I'll enjoy it more

A part of me says it is probably better for this weekend to not be my first time out as there alongside serious inpatient traffic on the water and ramps.... You guys will have a blast! Cardboard in hand, I may start offering gas $ money for rides at the ramp soon though... but for now, I gotta focus the next few days on getting my ride ready... well... among other things ;-)

Old 05-22-2020, 01:26 PM
Registered

Of course. Get your ride ready and maybe even work on the boat if you have time. Lol. I’m not home to go out this weekend. Also I hate dealing with ramps mine sits in the lift. Only use the ramp when necessary and usually on a weekday. Lol. For the record best ramp in the cape is rosen park.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions
Of course. Get your ride ready and maybe even work on the boat if you have time.
LOL.. Instant classic!

Delivered the sunpad yesterday to get it stitched. The aft corners will also be repaired. Heavy, heavy piece. I guess that's the price to pay for having a pad that withstands foot traffic. I'd say at least 50 pounds dry. Would be a good opportunity for a fiberglass vendor to offer lightweight "Poker Run" engine hatches. Thin fiberglass and a scoop(s), nothing else.

Luckily my "mishap" actually caused very little damage on the fiberglass hatch shell. I'll be making the rounds in the marine supply stores this morning to get one of them gelcoat repair kits. All I really need is a bonding agent to reseal the small (2"L x 1/4"W) "crack web" are on a lip. Beyond that, I did notice is that Formula put the drain hole in a weird place. Yes, that hole may catch the drain off a matching hole in the actual sunpad, but the water that will inevitably accumulate at either side of it has nowhere to go. So I am planning to drill small drain holes at either side of it so water that accumulates in those "channels" actually drains. The other side is the finished gelcoat facing the engine compartment so I need to be careful with the finish when I drill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.