Lake George Florida info >

Lake George Florida info

Notices

Lake George Florida info

Old 04-19-2021, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lake George Florida info

We are heading north from Sarasota and want to stop for a day or two along the St Johns River. Lake George looks nice and want to check out the Silver Glen Springs I've seen so many incredible pics of. Trailering our 30 Velocity and looking for suitable ramp(s) and hotel/marinas. Internet search look like Astor Bridge hotel would be good? Any other/better suggestions would be welcomed.

Planning to tow further north to Palatka for another day or two and am thinking Crystal Cove Marina which is where the Toys run (we keep missing) is out of I believe.

Appreciate any local knowledge or suggestions.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-19-2021, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

Saris family should help if they see this tread!
Old 04-20-2021, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Renegade's ( renegadesontheriver.com ) would be the ideal place to stay if you can rent one of the four cabins they have available. Everything you need is there. From there you can head north towards Palatka, float over Welaka Springs, run through Dunns Creek into Crescent Lake to eat at Three Bananas in Crescent City, or turn around to tie off and grab a bite at Corky Bells in Palatka. To the south you can do Salt Run and Salt Springs(NW corner of Lake George...watch the depth towards the entrance to the run), Silver Glen (SW corner of Lake George), idle through Astor, head south towards Hontoon Island, Blue Springs, and Sanford/Lake Monroe (where your Velocity was built). And many points in between and beyond. I heard the Crystal Cove ramp is down, but if you want to stay there, the Palatka City Marina is a great spot to launch. There is also a Quality Inn and a Hampton Inn in Palatka next to the City Marina. I've never stayed in Astor, so no help there. I do stay at Hontoon Landing every now and then, but their ramp and docking will be a little tight for your boat. The St Johns from Palatka to Astor is my favorite section. I hope you have a great trip!!
The following users liked this post:
Underdog88 (04-25-2021)
Old 09-05-2021, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking of doing run from Jacksonville to Salt Springs. My boat has an approximate range of 200 miles when cruising between 40 and 45, is fuel available at Lake George or at on the St Johns?