New to Placida Fl >

New to Placida Fl

Notices

New to Placida Fl

Old 12-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New to Placida Fl

Hello all newbie here I just moved to the Placida/Englewood Florida area from Kentucky. I just sold my boat before moving(42 ft cruiser) but am looking to get in a performance power boat in the 35 ft range. I just wanted to see what you all recommend for places to visit/go to and get to know and meet new people I was also thinking about possibly doing a poker run or two if i get the time but work is crazy busy .
Thanks, Chris
Old 12-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts

We visited baca grande this past spring. We actually rented a pontoon in englewood and took it back south on the icw. Hung out at the sandbar by the bridge that goes over to boca. Talk about an awesome time. Good luck on your search, it’s a nice area.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Registered

Thanks J-Bonz for the reply ya boca is purty sweet lol. good food nice beach and that water color is on point. lol
Thanks,Chris
Old 02-09-2022, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go check out Cabbage key too
Old 02-12-2022, 04:38 PM
Registered

Yes sir as soon and I as I buy a boat I plan on checking that place out as I hear its a cool place to see. I also want to check some places out in sarasota but I got to get a boat first which is becoming quite difficult.
Thanks,Chris
Old 02-25-2022, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by moparcrazzzy
Yes sir as soon and I as I buy a boat I plan on checking that place out as I hear its a cool place to see. I also want to check some places out in sarasota but I got to get a boat first which is becoming quite difficult.
Thanks,Chris
I moved to Punta Gorda last October, love it here.
Living on a boat in Fishville and working as a boat broker, if I can help you find a boat let me know.
Trying to get at least one of my go fasts down here, space to store and work on them is tough to find, got an email out to Safe Cove to see about storage pricing.
PS Mopar guy too lol
maybe we'll cross paths
Joe
Old 02-25-2022, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CPFITNESS
Go check out Cabbage key too
Two thumbs up .... Lots of good times in Cabbage Key , we spend winters in Summerland Key & frequent Islamorada for friends & fun
Old 02-26-2022, 07:22 PM
Registered

Sonic30ss Thanks for for the reply, yes sir I am indeed a mopar guy I have a Cuda that I occasionally race and take to Cruz ins I will defiantly take you up on you offer on finding a boat for me please pm you info to me.
prop stat also thanks tor the reply I have been trying to talk to the locales to learn more about the area but have herd cabbage key is a cool place to check out
Thanks, Chris