Sarasota Florida >

Sarasota Florida

Notices

Sarasota Florida

Old 12-17-2021, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Sarasota Florida

Well it looks like I may be getting transferred to Sarasota fl for work. So my question is What are some good boating recommendations and are there any poker runs around the area. where would you all recommend the best place to live preferably close to SRQ airport. Would like to get to know you all living in or near the area as well. Sorry for starting a new thread I kinda thought it would get more attention if i just started a new thread rather than just add to my previous one ( if you all haven't seen my other thread i just moved to florida from kentucky) and sorry for all the newbie questions lol
Thanks, Chris

Last edited by moparcrazzzy; 12-17-2021 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 335 Likes on 167 Posts

Looking forward to the feed back you receive Chris. Wife and I have been considering that area for several years. Still waiting on kid..12-18 more months shes done with Grad school and its time to relocate.

Chris
Old 12-18-2021, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,156 Likes on 422 Posts

[QUOTE=moparcrazzzy;4815389]Well it looks like I may be getting transferred to Sarasota fl for work. So my question is What are some good boating recommendations and are there any poker runs around the area.

Sarasota has a thriving boat industry and all that goes with it, wether racing or fishing.
Also has a stout racing heritage, my great grandfather had a sister who had land on Siesta Key before it was developed. Her grandson is Odell Lewis.
As far as a place to live, you’ll have to do some leg work as there are a lot of factors. But the boating around here is good.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:11 PM
Registered

Thanks hoodoo for the reply. I have a lot to learn about the area. Right now I am renting a house in Placida fl for a year or so. I kinda want to watch the market to see what it dose. I was originality working @ PGD airpor but got persuaded to work @ SRQ airport so here I am lol
Thanks,Chris
Old 12-26-2021, 09:27 AM
Registered

What do you do at the airport?
Old 12-26-2021, 09:56 AM
Registered

I am a Aircraft mechanic. I mostly work on Airbus A320's and work for an airline .
Thanks,Chris
Old 02-10-2022, 06:14 AM
Registered

Cool
Did you end up at SRQ?
Old 02-12-2022, 04:28 PM
Registered

Yes sir I am working at srq airport but so far I am still living in Placida Fl and commuting back and fourth.
Thanks, Chris
Old 02-14-2022, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I was a Jet Mech in the Navy back in the 80s up in Pcola. LOL yes we had jets way back then. I've not been on this site for a while but over the years received so much help and advice here. Also met some great people so felt the need to reply. Hope it's helpful info.

I am in SRQ for the winters and love it here. We've boated all over Florida for years and keep confirming in our minds that from Tampa Bay to Ft Myers beach is the best there is. A must do event is the New Yrs fun runs. Sarasota Bay is great w/a lot of places to go and eat/drink by boat and some great hangout places like South Lido park in Big Pass and we especially like Lido Pass.

Just Saturday we ran out in the Gulf around Anna Marie Island and up the Manatee river to watch the F2 Boat races. You may find the summers here are like the winters up North where everyone hibernates due to the weather. Just too freakin hot to boat. Races here around July 4th but... Oct-April is boating season here. 90s arrive in May and we are outa here. LOL
If it gets too cold here, and it does, we trailer to the Keys

If you've not bought a boat yet I'd suggest a trailerable boat as there are so many cool places to visit. The St Johns river is nice and Silver Glenn Springs is a must do that we just discovered last year. The Keys are cool but the beaches have nothing on this area. We just went to the South end of Pine Island Last weekend and ran around Sanibel and Boca Grand. Did not suck! The other coast is okay but not the same. Go there when winds are hard outa the West Biscayne Bay is nice. I still have a dream to run to Bimini one day...

St James City south end of Pine Island

S Lido in Big Pass. Downtown Sarasota in the background.

Looking out Big Pass

O'Leary's Tiki Bar near Marina Jacks in Sarasota Bay

Old 02-19-2022, 08:37 AM
Registered

Cool what air frame did you work on? I have not bought a boat yet, in the last 6 mounts I have tryed to buy 6 different boats and they have either sold before I could get it surveyed or have literley sold 20 minutes before I called, crazy so the search is still on. Sometimes I think I should have just kept my cruiser and bit the bullet and payed to have it shipped from KY to Fl . If you don't mind me asking in that first picture is that a hotel or condos and you boat is It a velocity?
Thanks,Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.