Sarasota Florida >

Sarasota Florida

Notices

Sarasota Florida

Old 03-05-2022, 04:13 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog88
I was a Jet Mech in the Navy back in the 80s up in Pcola. LOL yes we had jets way back then. I've not been on this site for a while but over the years received so much help and advice here. Also met some great people so felt the need to reply. Hope it's helpful info.

I am in SRQ for the winters and love it here. We've boated all over Florida for years and keep confirming in our minds that from Tampa Bay to Ft Myers beach is the best there is. A must do event is the New Yrs fun runs. Sarasota Bay is great w/a lot of places to go and eat/drink by boat and some great hangout places like South Lido park in Big Pass and we especially like Lido Pass.

Just Saturday we ran out in the Gulf around Anna Marie Island and up the Manatee river to watch the F2 Boat races. You may find the summers here are like the winters up North where everyone hibernates due to the weather. Just too freakin hot to boat. Races here around July 4th but... Oct-April is boating season here. 90s arrive in May and we are outa here. LOL
If it gets too cold here, and it does, we trailer to the Keys

If you've not bought a boat yet I'd suggest a trailerable boat as there are so many cool places to visit. The St Johns river is nice and Silver Glenn Springs is a must do that we just discovered last year. The Keys are cool but the beaches have nothing on this area. We just went to the South end of Pine Island Last weekend and ran around Sanibel and Boca Grand. Did not suck! The other coast is okay but not the same. Go there when winds are hard outa the West Biscayne Bay is nice. I still have a dream to run to Bimini one day...

St James City south end of Pine Island

S Lido in Big Pass. Downtown Sarasota in the background.

Looking out Big Pass

O'Leary's Tiki Bar near Marina Jacks in Sarasota Bay

Looks familiar, I live south around the corner from O’Leary’s on Hudson Bayou. Do you remember the name of that hotel you have pictured in St Jame City?