Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Spectre
New 32 OB questions >

New 32 OB questions

Notices

New 32 OB questions

Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

29SST, thanks for the input but I'd have to wager it depends on how rough your talking about, it's not my intention to go out running 100mph in 3+ footers, I'll leave that for the bigger boats. I've seen a whole lot of pics of big cats taking on big water at insane speeds and the people in them sitting down looking pretty comfortable. I'd have to assume there's a reason cats are almost entirely sit down boats and V's are almost exclusively stand up boats. It's my opinion that the 32 should handle anything smaller than 3' well and be very comfortable running 65+/- in it, 2' and less should be able to cruise faster but again I'm not tryig to get into big water racing... I will also say that when on a demo I got in the 32SC we ran across the wake of a 45-50 foot MY that would have sent us on a ride in a 33 Donzi (personal experience) and didn't even feel it in the cat other than a faint little tap tap sound as we crossed.

Full Auto, thanks for the picture (it truly is worth a thousand words), that looks like what they're now calling the SC1000. I've thought about going with just that and deleting the gauges all together for full on LCD instrumentation package which I think would look bad ass but worry about the look of the dash that way. My concern is that one of the things that makes this boat look so good is the wrap around dash with the bumps around some of the gauges etc. Sooooo if you get rid of those gauges you'd still have the bumps and it would probably look like something was missing. That's why I really want to go with the 5212. It will provide all the data the SC1000 will and will be a big enough screen to display it split screen with GPS and still be able to be useful as well as have the classic good looks of the regular gauges (which are still smartcraft).

Now maybe if we could come up with three gauges that would fit in the lower positions and get the system view centered on the dash in front of the wheel we would be talking. Doing that it would be no big deal to stay with the 5208 as well. The only other thing that makes it seem hard to justify is cost, if I can get rid of the gauges completely and replace them with the SC1000 it would be closer to a dollar for dollar swap, but kinda crazy to spend ~1300 on gauges and ~1500 on the SC1000 to display almost the same data. Especially when the same data will also be available on the Garmin (either 5208 or 5212). So much to think about. Bottom line it could be cool but afraid of the looks and cost.

Now how about interior colors???
Old 03-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The cats take big wakes very well compared to a vee. In 2-3ft you can run 80+ no problem in a 32 Spectre.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
The cats take big wakes very well compared to a vee. In 2-3ft you can run 80+ no problem in a 32 Spectre.
I do agree
Old 03-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

3' is no problem in my 30. 4' is hairy but doable.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

All right looks like I should be cruising the new 32 by first part of June, I can't wait.

Should be quite a bit difference from

and