Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
1" Imco Lowers On A 32 Dominator >

1" Imco Lowers On A 32 Dominator

Notices

1" Imco Lowers On A 32 Dominator

Old 01-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1" Imco Lowers On A 32 Dominator

Has Anyone Ever Tried 1" Shorties On A 32 Dominator? Was It Hard To Get On Plane? And How Did It Handle? I'm Running Solid 85 Now , How Much Speed Would They Give Me?
I Have My 500 Efi"s At Tyler Crocket's - Putting Cams And Afr Heads. And Some Of His Magic ,they Will Be On The Dyno Next Week, I Will Post The Results.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: 1" Imco Lowers On A 32 Dominator

Look for a guy on Sunsation's site (or speedwake) that goes by Dominator Scott. He is the king of high performance mods to a 32 Dominator. He hits 114 MPH with blower motors and has done tons of drive mods.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by stsrick
Has Anyone Ever Tried 1" Shorties On A 32 Dominator? Was It Hard To Get On Plane? And How Did It Handle? I'm Running Solid 85 Now , How Much Speed Would They Give Me?
I Have My 500 Efi"s At Tyler Crocket's - Putting Cams And Afr Heads. And Some Of His Magic ,they Will Be On The Dyno Next Week, I Will Post The Results.
I am thinking and considering the same for my 32. A friend up in MI had his 32 built from the Factory with a 3/4" higher X dimension than stock, and he is 5 MPH faster than anyone else. We both have the exact same motor and boat set up. I also run his exact same labbed 31" bravo 1 props. those alone gave me 2 MPH.
I would think that the 1" imco would be even faster than a raised stock bravo one lower. The imco's have a nice cone, and better shape than a stock bravo lower
Old 03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Look for a guy on Sunsation's site (or speedwake) that goes by Dominator Scott. He is the king of high performance mods to a 32 Dominator. He hits 114 MPH with blower motors and has done tons of drive mods.
Problem with his drive experience is that he has those stern jacks. Does not tell me what the shorties alone will do.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
I am thinking and considering the same for my 32. A friend up in MI had his 32 built from the Factory with a 3/4" higher X dimension than stock, and he is 5 MPH faster than anyone else. We both have the exact same motor and boat set up. I also run his exact same labbed 31" bravo 1 props. those alone gave me 2 MPH.
I would think that the 1" imco would be even faster than a raised stock bravo one lower. The imco's have a nice cone, and better shape than a stock bravo lower
How does his higher X compare to yours as far as planning and overall handling?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:00 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Quality Time
How does his higher X compare to yours as far as planning and overall handling?
He has no problems, He also hasn't experience any slipping trying to get on plane. That's why I am considering trying the 1" shorty's myself.
He is going to get back to me with the exact measurement of his X dimension so I can check and compare my stock measurement. I want to be sure what the difference between mine and his before I order mine. I want to be around 1/4" higher than his to see if there is anymore to gain. If not I can always add spacers.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
He has no problems, He also hasn't experience any slipping trying to get on plane. That's why I am considering trying the 1" shorty's myself.
He is going to get back to me with the exact measurement of his X dimension so I can check and compare my stock measurement. I want to be sure what the difference between mine and his before I order mine. I want to be around 1/4" higher than his to see if there is anymore to gain. If not I can always add spacers.
Very Nice. Keep us posted. I have the same set-up as you do. I was following the prop thread on the Sunsation website, but always had the shorty swap on my mind. Bumping up the HO's is a little costly; thought I would focus on dialing in the set-up and leave well enough alone.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Quality Time
Problem with his drive experience is that he has those stern jacks. Does not tell me what the shorties alone will do.
Agree - I think Scott is also running 2 inch Imco shorties. You might want to call the factory. Wayne can tell you how much the water rises per foot of travel off the transom - that will tell you how much those extension boxes are impacting the X dimension for getting clean water to the props.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

I talked to Wayne about this when I ordered my boat. Either boxes or the ITS. He told me to save my money. At the time, the SS had not been introduced, but he did say that the Innovator would benefit from the ITS, but not the pad bottomed Dominator. I'm interested in the shorties and prop changes alone. No stern jacks.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

After talking with Chris from sterndrive specialties, he said he had good luck on the 32 dominator with the 2" imco shorty's. So I am going thru him for my imco 2" shorty's. He also had the best price.

Quick Reply: 1" Imco Lowers On A 32 Dominator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.