2001 32 Dominator Questions

Notices

2001 32 Dominator Questions

Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 32 Dominator Questions

Looking At A 2001 32 Dominator This Weekend, 502 Mpi Ext. Steering Etc. What Can You Guys Tell Me About Rough Water Handling, Top Speeds, And How Much Does Boat Weigh Dry. Motors Were Done At Teague, Have Cams Roller Rocker Ecm Remapped, Getting Full List From Owner Now...basically Looking For Input Of All Pros And Cons Of Boat, Thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Boat is around 6500 lbs dry. Long nose on it lays down nicely so boat rides very level. It does exceptionally well in rough water for the size and weight. I had a 2000 with 454 mags (385hp) that ran high 70s on good days, 75-76 on any day. So my guess is the 502s should run 80 if they are running well.

I always felt the old style dominators were drivers boats, meaning to get the most out of the boat especially in rough water it required constant throttle input. Once you get the knack of how it drives, like I said, you can get it to perform extremely well in rougher conditions.