Old 02-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's for sale if you're interested WWW.Daviswatersports.com
Old 05-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so the CCX models have been on the water for a couple of years now. For you guys that went from performance V's to one of these, give me the pro's and con's vs what I had with my Dominator.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I went to the NorTech 3.5 years ago. We went from a dominator, to the F4, to a Formula SS350 to the the NorTech. The dominator was one of my all time favorite boats. Handled well, great performance. I'd say the biggest draw back for it was the cockpit space. The F4 was a great ride, cockpit space was way better than the dominator, but where I run at Lake of the Ozarks many of the restaurants and watering holes we frequented have limited docking space for that long of boat. Grand kids started appearing in our lives, and we turned the page to try the Formula SS series. It had all the amenities anyone could want. Plenty of space, comfortable ride, TV and DVD for the kids, air conditioning when the little ones got hot and needed a nap. The only problem for me was it is boring to drive. We ended up owning it 6 years though, longest boat I've owned.

I also learned that I really don't want all those amenities on a boat. I use the boat to be outside, not sit in air conditioning. The last 2-3 years the only thing I would do with the generator and air is winterize and dewiwnterize them. Never really used the fridges (2 of them), TV, microwave etc. So I decided to simplify my life.

I wanted something that had the comfort and space for when the kids and grandkids come to the lake, was large enough to take the weekend water at LOTO, yet small enough to be able to get in and out of the docks of the places we tend to go to. I wanted something that would drive and ride more like the characteristics of a dominator than a cruiser. What I didn't realize I would end up loving about the CCs is the Verados. I'd have a hard time going back to big blocks. The Verados are super easy to do maintenance on, you can run them year around and not worry about winterizing, and the price performance to buy them and operate them is way better than the big blocks. And you don't have that nagging little item of "I wonder when I'm going to smoke this Bravo Drive." If however, you have to have thunderous exhaust, they are not for you. I have to look at the tach to know my engines started. My wife's favorite sounding boat was always the F4, the blower whine. Until now. We have adapted to quiet nicely, probably a sign we are getting way old.

All in all at this point in our boating lives the CCs are about as close to perfect as we can get. We don't overnight, and the boat works equally well for us if it is just the two of us heading out, or if we have a party of 10 on a holiday. And even though it is not a real fast go fast, they have plenty of giddy-up.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I went to the NorTech 3.5 years ago. We went from a dominator, to the F4, to a Formula SS350 to the the NorTech. The dominator was one of my all time favorite boats. Handled well, great performance. I'd say the biggest draw back for it was the cockpit space. The F4 was a great ride, cockpit space was way better than the dominator, but where I run at Lake of the Ozarks many of the restaurants and watering holes we frequented have limited docking space for that long of boat. Grand kids started appearing in our lives, and we turned the page to try the Formula SS series. It had all the amenities anyone could want. Plenty of space, comfortable ride, TV and DVD for the kids, air conditioning when the little ones got hot and needed a nap. The only problem for me was it is boring to drive. We ended up owning it 6 years though, longest boat I've owned.

I also learned that I really don't want all those amenities on a boat. I use the boat to be outside, not sit in air conditioning. The last 2-3 years the only thing I would do with the generator and air is winterize and dewiwnterize them. Never really used the fridges (2 of them), TV, microwave etc. So I decided to simplify my life.

I wanted something that had the comfort and space for when the kids and grandkids come to the lake, was large enough to take the weekend water at LOTO, yet small enough to be able to get in and out of the docks of the places we tend to go to. I wanted something that would drive and ride more like the characteristics of a dominator than a cruiser. What I didn't realize I would end up loving about the CCs is the Verados. I'd have a hard time going back to big blocks. The Verados are super easy to do maintenance on, you can run them year around and not worry about winterizing, and the price performance to buy them and operate them is way better than the big blocks. And you don't have that nagging little item of "I wonder when I'm going to smoke this Bravo Drive." If however, you have to have thunderous exhaust, they are not for you. I have to look at the tach to know my engines started. My wife's favorite sounding boat was always the F4, the blower whine. Until now. We have adapted to quiet nicely, probably a sign we are getting way old.

All in all at this point in our boating lives the CCs are about as close to perfect as we can get. We don't overnight, and the boat works equally well for us if it is just the two of us heading out, or if we have a party of 10 on a holiday. And even though it is not a real fast go fast, they have plenty of giddy-up.
That's good input, thanks! After having so much difficulty trying to find the next "new to me" boat, I wish I'd have just hung on to my Dominator. Like you said though, the cockpit area was tight if you got more than about 3 people on it along with all the crap everyone has to bring. My heart has been set on finding something in the 36-39ft range, but the fear of having to do rebuilds within a year or 2 (if I'm lucky) on top of the purchase expense is a real downer.

I don't need a ton of room because it's usually just my gf and I, but on occasion we have some riders so the extra room would be nice. I think the only hangup I have is that I still like to hear those pipes ring. Guess it's just the redneck in me.lol
Old 05-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the opportunity two years back to seatrail their 29CC on Lake Sinclair. Can not say enough about the personal attention they gave to a prospective owner. Joe showed up at the launch and went through every inch of the boat with me and answered every one of my questions. I 100% agree with Mentalpause. Once you go with Verados you'll never go back to IO's and wonder why you didn't get into a CC earlier. Good luck with your future purchase you won't be disappointed with a CC.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish there was a few more responders, maybe someone post this in the general section.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

I'll add my 2 cents. Never owned a Sunsation but always loved them. Thats why I read the forums. Anyway I'm on a smaller scale. I had a 260 Powerquest. I just bought an 18 foot Pioneer center console. Much less hassle and maintenance. I have a 4 stroke merc on it. We love it. Used to be a 2 hr cleaning ordeal after a boating day on the Powerquest. Now, hook up the hose on the motor. Doesn't even have to be running, and quick spray down of the boat. And 1/2 later done!
Old 05-28-2017, 07:47 AM
Registered

I am considering a 29CCX so the above input from fellow CCX owners is appreciated.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Just saw my first 32 CCX up close this past Saturday at LOTO at Paradise while having breakfast. I've been around Sunsation boats since the early 2000's and all I can say is "Wow"! Sunny did a great job on this boat. I've driven/rode in 288's, 32 Doms, 32 SS's, Innovators, 36 SSR's, and F-4's and this may be my favorite Sunny to date.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree with Knot. We saw the 32 at Paradise Saturday morning. Very nice. Joe and Wayne did an outstanding job. One of the nicest mid size CCs out there IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.