Dominator X dimension >

Dominator X dimension

Notices

Dominator X dimension

Old 08-23-2020, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Dominator X dimension

Hey guys figured I’d get a thread going on x dimensions on the older dominators (twins). Just curious what yours is. I’m wondering if some shorties would help me out. I don’t really know where to measure with twins I’m assuming from bottom of Hull right in front of the drive. Thanks guys
Old 09-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Registered

Got some -2 imcos on the way! Will update with my results!
Old 10-04-2020, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you try the shortys and if so how did they work
Old 10-08-2020, 03:10 AM
Registered

Dennis; I have not put them on yet. I’ve heard a lot of guys have had problems with increased water pressure from the IMCO pickup size, so I am waiting for my water pressure gauges to show up. Summers over here in Northern Michigan but I plan on going for another ride or two to try them.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckeym
Dennis; I have not put them on yet. I’ve heard a lot of guys have had problems with increased water pressure from the IMCO pickup size, so I am waiting for my water pressure gauges to show up. Summers over here in Northern Michigan but I plan on going for another ride or two to try them.
I had to plumb dumps in, but I had HP500's w/o closed cooling. Set them so I had 25 PSI at WOT.
Old 11-05-2020, 03:39 PM
Registered

So got some freak nice weather way up here so decided to go for a ride.(76 yesterday, hell yeah!) We’ve had some pretty good rollers coming in the bay so wasn’t able to top it out.

Anyway; yesterday, with my labbed 32 b1s I couldn’t even get on plane, kept blowing out. Had the kids and young lady with me so I gave up after a while, and idled down the river. It was pretty rough so that probably didn’t help.

today I got out of work threw my stock 30p b1 on and went out by myself. I was able to get it up on plane carefully ( mine you with large rollers coming into the main channel). I couldn’t go over 3100 without blowing them out and had to be super careful to not let them spin out. (280k all the way down and drives all the way down)

So im at like 5” propshaft depth best I can determine and honestly surprised at how crappy it’s getting out of the hole. Obviously expected a little slower plane time which I don’t care about, but if I had a few passengers and more than 1/4 tank of fuel im thinking it would only get worse.

Turning and handling was about the same I never blew out turning even at 3000 rpm once I was up on plane but not sure what I need to do next.

My feeling is I need spacers but also not sure if my 32s can be modified to help. And yes, I have cavitation plates that I made. Sucks I couldn’t top it out yet but I feel like my original 7” propshaft depth was pretty deep for a twin straight bottom large pad dominator.

Any advice is appreciated my plan is to talk to Brett and get some 1” spacers on the horn.
thanks

Old 11-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Man thats a beautiful boat! How did it run with the stock lowers? This is my first time seeing this so Im not sure if you have another thread about your boat or not. Also man I would love to see some more pictures. Oh and one more thing. What are the details on your boat? Year engines etc. Im sure I cant help you but I know a lot of these guys on here can.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:17 PM
Registered

Thanks a lot man! It’s a 2001 dominator with twin hp500s. Just hitting 400 hours on them(allegedly springs were changed to iskys at like 200 hours. I love the boat I knew it was what I wanted even before i thought about selling my 272 Baja.

I have some fresh NA 509 power plants ready to go in this winter. My plan is to go through the hp500 and keep them in case I ever sell or need a backup.

Fastest I’ve gotten out of it has been 84.5 with BBlades labbed b1 32, so I picked up some used -2 to see if I could optimize the performance of the Hull before I stick the other motors in. With the stock lowers it popped right out of the water and had crazy mid range acceleration, and I had heard about guys like sc288 getting good gains from -2s. So here I am lol.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:23 PM
Registered

Anybody have any suggestions? I don’t think my x is that aggressive at 5”
Old 03-27-2021, 04:19 AM
Registered

Ttt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.