Trailer for Sunsation 288 >

Trailer for Sunsation 288

Notices

Trailer for Sunsation 288

Old 04-26-2021, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iroc fan View Post
Had to do tons of adjustments to mine when l purchased my 2002 288 with custom built trailer. Previous owner didn't use it for more than storage. But my intentions were to trailer the boat multiple times per week. So modifications fixed that problem. A little added steel bracing and added some "good" brakes. All new hardware, strap, bunk carpet and it was good as new. Had to have the boat lower to the ground as well so l didn't have to back so far into the water. It sat way too high and looked kinda like the boat was on a pedestal. Painted it too while l had it apart.
Same with me. Previous owner had a lift and only trailered it once a year. I have to trailer after every weekend. Pic of trailer at link above. Aluminum might make it harder to modify. I've called around but no joy.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 539 Posts

you need to modify the bunks to support the step in the hull , if it is a full step and not just a notch jmo
The following 2 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
Padraig (04-26-2021), ZeroG (04-26-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
Phoenix Trailers.
Yep. I reached out to Jeff from Sunsation and he said Phoenix makes all the Sunsation trailers. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (04-30-2021)