Notices

2006 F1 class

Old 10-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 F1 class

Brian, Keep in mind that this was the first year of the changes of the motor packages, etc.... This will all pan out and the class will be stronger than ever. I have a couple of large sponsors we are working with and waht got their attention was the fact that the races were getting noticed by TV, movies, actors and famous faces. This is a VERY positive note on the things to come. What we need is to pull together and MAKE this class noticed to the public by doing appearances at local resturaunts, etc... to get the public interested. Put your boat on display at a wing resturaunt, etc... give out a hundred dollars worth of free chit to the kids and fans. Invite them to the races with team t-shirts. Let them feel that they are part of something and they will follow. This is what we need to do to get the class out in the open and the fans interested again. The fans love this class because they can own or do own one of these boats. It doesn't matter if they have a 19' Baja....they will route for the Baja that is racing because they own one of the same make. We need to all get out and make this happen in your own towns. My thoughts, Dave

Last edited by Wardey; 10-04-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Dave it all about us as Racers and it is up to us to make it happen.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Registered

Exactly my point, Frank. We need to quit asking what everyone should do for us and build the class for ourselves. "Build it and they will come" Wasn't that in a movie some where....anyhow, we need to get the race
boats out on the dealers show room floors for display, giving out to the people, fans, etc...Publicity from the dealers with race boats making their showing on the off season. Dave

Last edited by Wardey; 10-05-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Not to start any crap, but the class will never grow with multiple engine running in the same class, It all started falling apart with the second engine change from HP500efi to the 525 or the HP3. People such as Randy went from the HP500 to the Hp500efi to the 525EFI just to stay competitive. How many of your 6 boats started out with the Merc496 and changed it to the 502 innovation motor this season.Now you have three engines, computer changes, exhaust changes when will it stop? I truly believe F1 is the most exciting class to race and believe the F1 Racers were the closest class (friends) of all the classes, I just don't see how you can run the class with all these variables. We set down in Ft. Lauderdale several years ago and came up with a solution, 111, 1 engine, 1 weight, and 1 drive, what happen to that.

I know, Iv'e said all this before sorry you had to hear it again, I would love to see this class come back, I think the success of SVL is totally do to the demise of F1

Eddie
F1-68
Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Registered

You made a lot of valid points. Factory class won't be "Factory" until the class is made more attractive to higher volume manufacturers, Formula, Fountain, Donzi, Eliminator etc. The right formula is out there somewhere, just not currently in place. I would love to see this class grow, but for now I'll just wait and see.....

Brian
Old 10-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie,
Good points and we would love to hear more of your thoughts and idea's for the class. We could use yours and anyone that has in-put to grow F1 class for 2006 so we can all get on the same page.
Right now we do have one weight and one drive so we are 2/3 of the way there. Both motor that we have for the class are pretty equal, but that is something that we as a class can address. If you can make the meeting in Lauderdale this year that would be great. If we as a group are not heard then nothing will change, posting on the boards is not going to better the class or help make rule changes. I think we are really close and have some really great racing this year, and it can only get better with help from racers like yourself. Thanks for your positive in-put we value all opinions ...all this can go on a ballet and be voted on by the class .