Notices

2006 Schedules

Old 12-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Schedules

Gino, I agree with you on many of your points. I'm just laugh when I hear of a "national" schedule when 95% of the races are in flordia. The point about no fans showing up I have to agree with you....it has been the kiss of death. Every flordia race that I have done over the past two years I think I recall a couple hundred specators at the most at any given one(except key west). I would call that a kiss of death.

1. Miami-beaches and pits empty
2.Marathon- couple hundred on the bridge(motorcycle show going on), pits empty
3.Laurderdale-lots of people there(air show going on), pits empty

1. Washington-good turn out from fans......but what else do they have to do(they live in washington NC)
2.NY city- couple hundred,pits empty
3.Key West-----well its Key West-great turn out
4.Deerfield Beach- no one on the beach, pits empty

I usually judge "fan" turnout on how the flow of the pits are and generally they are poor at best. This is not meant to bash anyone just a simple observation.

OSS schedule from 2005 visited 6 different states in 7 races...that is a little closer to a "national" schedule
SBI schedule from 2005 visited 3 different states out of 11 races.

You are also correct on the expense incurred on traveling to these race sites. I know I have done the 95 run more than once. But what makes it more evident is the lack of southern teams comming to NY for the national race there.

There is no simple solution....nor do I have the answer, but I call a spade a spade. SBI does not have a national schedule.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the input Q its been very helpful. I agree OSS did visit 6 different cities with 7 races and are broke Hummm what does that tell you. I'm sure SBI/APBA will find some better sites next year. If you have any suggestions of good paying site please let us know, and we'll get right on it.

I guess some of us are just happy to have 12of the best paying race site to race at, which allows us to do what we enjoy...Racing...try it.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:18 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Whats goin on in St Cloud?? Great venue, dry pits very close to wet pits. Wet pits always the best.

Marathon.. If I remember, where do fans park for the dry pits?
I drove in and got stopped by 4 cops (They were very polite). Thanks to ladies of APBA/SBI I got a parking pass.There was more than enough room for 100s of slots for controlled parking.
There are at least 3 wet pit areas which makes it appear as though there is a small crowd..

Parking for the viewing area is known as cardiac hill.
The large area reserved for nite orgies should be open for race fans during the day. Even these LD bones can walk to the viewing area without needing Ben Gay or Oxegen.

Ft Lauderdale and Dania Beach Dry pits 17 miles from business/hotels and minimal parking due to Air show (Ft Lauderdale)

Sarasota dry pits moved from great area to about 10 miles away and not obvious to public. . This is 2nd only to ST Cloud for wet/dry pit viewing area accessability/proximity

St Pete.. OSS with dry pits 20 miles from wet pits/launch. Limited parking and viewing areas. Fans loved the Pier.

2005 is really not a fair year to pass judgement due to record
huricane /storm events affecting travel all over.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts

[QUOTE]Stop sending the Pete & Ben's . Man up . Speak for your'e selve's !

You dont have to worry they dont send us, but like most people that view the milling area, they take most of what is said at face value. You keep posting, how great SBI/APBA/UIM/WPR is and if thats what you like good,
There are many good people associated with that organization. Now on to the real agenda why worry about what OSS is doing so what they were in the red BFD, so are most of the airlines and people still fly. They are bringing the Sport to a National level, racing in areas that have never had races,
getting new FANS, helping communities that have been ravaged by storms. The members of OSS are like family, yes some of the members have had to use their own money to help support the cause, they do this for not only the love of the sport, but because they are not SELFISH.

On that note all you so called voices of reason, do yourself a favor learn to spell, or use the spell check that OSO has provided, when the sponsor's
read about all the good work you're doing, they want to make sure people understand it, and that a 7 yr old isnt writing it.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Pete B]
Now on to the real agenda why worry about what OSS is doing so what they were in the red BFD, so are most of the airlines and people still fly. They are bringing the Sport to a National level, racing in areas that have never had races, getting new FANS, helping communities that have been ravaged by storms. The members of OSS are like family, yes some of the members have had to use their own money to help support the cause, they do this for not only the love of the sport, but because they are not SELFISH.
Pete........ I have to ask - have you ever owned your own business before?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Once again if you are not in favor of OSS why WORRY about them according to all the nay sayers, they wont be around long enough to matter! The constant bashing of OSS, really shows they are gaining more momentum. And 2006 will be a banner year!

As for owning my own business, NO I enlisted and served the country for 22 years, but if I did, many of the members of OSS would be my Role models for that approach.

Sorry some of you dont share the same opinions but thats what is so great about this country. As for the milling area, i know most wont be happy until all OSS banter is off, and All the OSS no longer post, then your world will be complete.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Pete,

Once again, Do you race....or are you just a fan or help drive some boats to the races..I can't believe you of all people are going to write on here "if you are not in favor of OSS why WORRY about them". You have been one of the biggest SBI bashers on here.....
And your analogy of how SBI racers want all OSS racers off OSO is so far from the truth....they would be nothing better to get all racers who want to share there opinion on OSO to make the sport better...but get rid of the none racers who post there B.S.

and yes this comment was from a seven year old who will not use spell check and owns a team and has the sponsors to back it up and pay to race....not bad for a youngin......
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

[/QUOTE]and yes this comment was from a seven year old

Manitie,
I Wasn't speaking of your mental capacity, bottom line is freedom of speech is one of the many things I will never give up. As for racing if the opportunity arises I will Again.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting back to the subject of schedule .
Pete I know of a few races OSS is talking about put on their schedule for next year. Do you know where they are plaining to have their Worlds and what the dates will be.
Thank you.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Frank,
That is the Million dollar question everyone wants answered,
I wish I had the answer to your question, unfortunately I dont!
So until their schedule comes out we are all left in mystery, how ever,
We all want 2006 to be a great year, for Racer's, Fan's, and all the people behind the scenes that make Offshore racing exciting.
I'm sure where ever it is, it will be a first class event. That will make the Fans and Racer's both glad they attended.

On that note, may you and your family have a happy holiday season.

Quick Reply: 2006 Schedules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.