New Vee Bottom Rules >

New Vee Bottom Rules

Notices

New Vee Bottom Rules

Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Gino, we run class 2 now and I don't see us fitting into that new class. We would sure love to run our 30 cat OB with you guys in KW.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dean, Don't feel left out our Fountain is a 35' So I guess we are not in their plans either lol, guess you guys ain't the only ones scared of ((((("Strictly Business"))))). Looks like we'll have to have a class just for us.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where can I see a complete copy of the rules and not just some highlights?

pat W
Old 05-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smiklos
Guy's
I think the rules are a first blush. If there is something that you feel needs revision send Ken a letter. My understanding of the intent of this class is to take the existing 1st generation Super V's and give them a home.
Steve
I thought that was what the p class was for, now the p classes have more p classes and rules, more classes is not the answer, less is if we are ever going to get to the next level. I thought that was the goal not give everybody with a boat a three dollar flag and a five dollar trophy. I don't see how this fixes things other than that. I think Gallagher has a better direction to increase competition not classes for everybody.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Registered

Steve its funny when I was trying to find someone to buy my SV last weekend Martin said that we should adopt the P1 rules and now I read this. By the way anyone want to buy a new SV. I will be at the Marathon race if someone is interested and wants to see, test or race after purchase this rocket.
Brett
Hollis that was funny
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Wahoo,

I'm sure with the OPA and SBI/APBA P2/P3 Class there will be a lot of boats....but for example the 35 Fountain running with the bigger HP fits into the P2 Class...with a mix of other boats..

Vinny...you have a lot of complants about what SBI/APBA is doing...while you should concentrate on OSS and there Class to boat count....
Vin...open your eyes...there is no Super Vee left in SBI/APBA but one boat..there is no Super Vee in OSS but one boat...so the Class Ken talks about is a Super Vee / F2 Class for boats running around 100 mph..if this comes together this will be like the Super Vee Class...that fits over 20 to 25 boats out in the fleet....
You want compitition...you want close racing....you want to get some of the older race boats to come back...well we are doing that....we will all have close to the same HP, weight and lenght boats and gear ratios...and the Super Vees that are runnning 107+ mph can run P1 in SBI/APBA or OPA

So be a part of the sulution...and bring out the Bad Boys Super VEE and run a race or two starting with the Sarasota race...Brett's boat is for sale....there will not be a Super Vee in OSS...so get the Fury guys, Black Perl, and some of the other Super Vees not runnnig this year to try what we are doing....forget about who and what Organization we all run in....lets just try to get the boat count up...and we will all benifit from this sport....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-08-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered

Expo....

I hope you put something together and come out and join us....let us know if we can do anything....
Old 05-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Brain...now I see why he made those comments...
Why dosn't he come over t0 SBI and race the Frenchmen..
Originally Posted by TGOR
Ken,

I like it! However, I don't necessarily want to see another class created.

I do support the concept though. How about a single engine class starting at 24 feet to maybe 30 feet? Then maybe a 28-36 foot single and twin class. Then your 36 foot and greater twin class. We could also have respective classes for the Cats. So Vees race Vees and Cats race Cats. Then do away with everything else (except the unlimited classes)...less classes with more boats per class.

Sean
Ken, I agree to an extent, it is a good idea and a good start to a set of rules, but sadly it is just another class.

Some say why not run P-classes with these boats, well I guess the reason is that the p-class just doesn't get the respect they want. It sure as heck doesn't get the exposuer.

I've heard it said that p-class is for people to start racing in, and that they are encouraged to "move up" to the "spec classes" or "pro series" (oops that phrase is already taken) after they get their feet wet.(no pun entended)

If people would stop looking at the p-classes in this manner and start to give them the respect their boat counts deserve and build their boats to compete in one of the FIVE classes then this would not be needed.

-To the average "Joe Blow" sitting on the seawall watching a race it will be even more confusing.

Brad Harrington
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Registered

Hey Brad....good point...

But this is not really another class....there is no Super Vee...it would kind of replace that class in a way.....

But the ego's have to go...there is some great racing going on in P Class...the guys in SPB/APBA have talked and we all know who we are racing aginst....the same guys we were racing in the so called Pro Series....so to us its the same comptition...I remember watching the Muscle guys on TV a long time ago...now we are racing aginst them...

The same gose for the racing in OPA...A lot of the again so called Pro Series guys are racing in OPA....So the day of the P-Class as a entry class is gone...there are a lot of good racers in P-Class and there is a lot of Pro Series guys getting beat in the OPA Series...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Guys..lets not forget 4 years ago...when the racers said we want more of a say on what gose on in racing...

Well all the Organizations have given this to us...with meetings and our suggestions...

For John C to open the door to let us come up what some idea's to better the sport and hear are concerns and make some changes is great...its what we all have been saying should happen....

Smitty has there OPA meeting in the beginning of the year to go over the rules and have votes on it....

There has been a lot of progress over the years for the better with the relationship between the Organizations and the racers...

Every racer will never be happy...for that there will always be a small % of racer unhappy...it the nature of the beast...

But you will see by the end of the year....Offshore racing will have made a big improvement over the last 3 or 4 years...
and Key West will be a proven part of that.....

Its going to be a good year.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-08-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: New Vee Bottom Rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.