New Vee Bottom Rules >

New Vee Bottom Rules

Notices

New Vee Bottom Rules

Old 05-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Vee Bottom Rules

We are moving forward with the development of a new set of rules for vee bottom racing at SBI/APBA. Racing under the new rules is scheduled to begin at the Suncoast Superboat Offshore Grand Prix race June29-July 1, 2007.

The new rules incorporate the best features of Factory, Super Vee, and Manufacturer Production Classes….and a couple of innovative features to make racing under the rules void of the perception of unfair advantage.

Highlights of the new rules are:

• Twin Engine boats, 36 feet and over in length (canopy recommended)
• Post-race boat weights determined by horsepower to weight ratio.
• Dyno tested and sealed spec engine packages - dyno information open to all competitors.
• Maximum 1.50 to 1 gear ratio
• Maximum speed limit - verified by GPS data download.
• SBI/APBA National, Divisional, and Florida Championship Titles.
• SBI/APBA UIM World Championship Title
• Prize purses comparative to other SBI/APBA Race Classes

The rules are being developed with the goal of providing an affordable, multi-year racing option for teams who wish to compete in spec-style racing without the necessity to upgrade equipment to remain competitive within the Class. The objective is a racing class that maintains competitive performance through standardized propulsion systems, post-race equipment weights based on horsepower to weight ratio, and speed limitations…which when combined, create exciting deck to deck racing where any boat in the Class is capable of winning in any particular race.

Equipment owners who find themselves unable to attain the speeds required to be competitive today’s Super Vee environment will be in their element under the new rules. No equipment changes or upgrades will be required to race competitively under the new Rules…which are being designed to contain speed, minimized equipment costs, and maximize the your enjoyment of Offshore Powerboat Racing.

Don’t be left behind…start racing for points under the new rules in the Suncoast Superboat Grand Prix.

For more information…equipment owners should contact:

Ken Doyle
502-386-6591
[email protected]
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ken,
Is this a new class or P2 with some changes????

Are these rules going to be applied to other Manufactures Production classes??

Brad
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered

If you build it they will come!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered

Doyle:

This sounds like a really great idea.

Gregg Reichman
Old 05-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered

Well were in...

Funhome...I would think this would be a new class...since 90% of the boats in P-2 are F-2's or Super Vee's we have been talking, to have a boat come out with big horse power and prop down would be no different then the older Super Vee's and F-2'S racing against the 110+ mph Super Vee's...
With the Gear ratio's at the 1:50 and the 525's and the top end set with the GPS...it puts all the boats around 100mph..
with the same exceleration.....as we all know excalerations is a hudge part of racing....but with us running the same gears and also running around the same top end within 1 or 2 mph it will make for great racing...not to mention how many boats out there fit this class....and these boats can come out here today and not have to make any changes to there current set up....
Old 05-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not have to make any changes?
Are you kidding? how many Super V do you know that are running a 1:50 gear ratio? Also if you get these guys to prop down their acceleration will be incredible with no top end.

Bidpro,
Does this mean that you will be coming back or just flapping your gums. You have a boat sitting there ready to race why not bring it out and play?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Also....anyone know the deal with the Fury guys....I know he spent a lot of time and money putting in 525's...and heard the boat was running good...
Any chance of getting these guyscoming out here along with the Bad Boys boat....
it would be good to see Lisa and Billy out with us also even if there lid is cut off....

and any new on the Black Perl boat....that boat would fit right in this class...

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-07-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered

Expo....I don't know you but do you race in Super Vee or F-2...
Most of the older boats are running Bravo's with the 1:50 gears...except the old OSS guys who are running 1:35 because of all the lakes they race...so if your running the 1:35's all you have to do is get a set of 1:50's and put them in...its a 2 hour job....
and know there are boats out there who are proping down and still are running 100 mph....that's why you see boats out there running the big HP....

don't see were your comments are positive...are you planning on racing with us or are you just trying to stir things up...becasue the guys running in P-2 are all for it....so if the racers are Ok with ....what we should not do it becasue people not racing in the class don't like it....

If you have boat that fits this class let me know....your only grip would be what....and lets see if we can get you out wit us...

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-07-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expo
Not have to make any changes?
Are you kidding? how many Super V do you know that are running a 1:50 gear ratio? Also if you get these guys to prop down their acceleration will be incredible with no top end.

Bidpro,
Does this mean that you will be coming back or just flapping your gums. You have a boat sitting there ready to race why not bring it out and play?
I'm kicking it around - I have #6's, and I don't have 1.5 gear ratio right now.

Can you figure out a way to have the humidity around 20% in Sarasota in July so this Desert Rat won't pass out? Of course If I do pass out I'm sure Trumel will just smack me in the head with a wrench until I wake up.

Probably need to add to my ever growing propeller collection, oh gee, what fun.

By the way 'Expo", who are you?

Gregg Reichman
Old 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered

RumRunner,

The good thing right now is that all the Super Vee's and F-2 have seals from either Inovation or Mercury...and have been racing spec class....and most of the boats that are out there not racing today still have there seals on becasue they raced last year or are selling there race boats with the seals on so they will not have to be sent out.....

Quick Reply: New Vee Bottom Rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.