Notices

The Silly Season

Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats an awesome fairy tail. I guess you still believe if you click your heals together you'll also return home?

You must have been a Big hit back in the 70's

Tell me what the real definition of Puff is. Smitty
Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

I have to tell you. I havn't laughed so hard in along time. you guys are great.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
I have to tell you. I havn't laughed so hard in along time. you guys are great.
Me Too!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered

Damm....Ken.....do you not have a job...or something....

I will say that was good...Puff is inpressed to....

I'm speachless....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You guys are killin me.........
I think there is going to have to be a new trophy category at the awards in KW.........
Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Thank you Gino...all in fun my friend.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

Ken...always.....first ones on me in Miami....damm....I'm still laughing at that song......

Do you know there is a writers strike going on right now....you could step in and make some money...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Ken....since you are kind of like the Queen Bee in the SBI/APBA Org. do you thing you guys can at least have at least one boat in all the P1 - P5 class's....we would hate to bring our boats down and win uncontested on the home teams terf....
I beleive you guys did win one Class in K.W. I thing it was the LUNNEY WING or something like that....any chance of that bird coming out to play in Miami....and what about the rest of the boys down there....any chance we can make this a 50+ boat count....and start 08 in a big way in Offshore Racing...

I'll post something the Pro Series section and see of they want to play in Miami....
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Gino,

I’m not so sure how I feel about your inference to being “Queen Bee”….maybe Chief Stinger or something like that? In 2008 we could be “The Dragon Slayer”.

Key West really did get the blood pumping. What a show…and great competition….especially in the P-Classes. I would really like to see some of the retired boats come back and race again….boats like Black Pearl and Lisa’s Pier 57. Even though they have had the tops cut off, racing in a P-Class at lower top speeds really is a lot safer than the balls-to-the-wall racing in Super Vee they used to do. Then there’s Fury and Reichman’s boat, which are both up for sale…if they don’t get grabbed by a European P1 Series Team, they would fit very well in P-2 or P-3.

Other boats like the 29 Phantom, “Mustang” haven’t been seen for a while either. The Bad Boy’s boat should still be around and looking to get back into the action too.

When you look at all the Florida teams that have taken a break and all the currently registered SBI teams, I don’t think it will be a problem getting at least 3 boats in each Class to go against the OPA…or I should say OPA/SBI teams coming to Miami.

Let’s put the Silly Season aside for a moment, and think about what Miami really means to Offshore…and the place the race is held.

Miami is such an unusual venue….very little goes on in the Pits…about as dead as it gets…but everybody knows the races are in town. Have you noticed that Miami and the whole Gold Coast is re-discovering itself…and how much Offshore Racing is a part of the area’s history and persona? Those short clips on CSI Miami and welcome videos in the FT. Lauderdale airport just set the theme of how the whole Gold Coast sees itself...glitz….glamour…boats…and money. We (Offshore Racing) are a big part of that image…we are icons…and that is why every offshore race team should be excited about coming to Miami…to be a part of the definition of the city.

The Miami race is more than a feud race, or the start of a long racing season…it’s a defining Event for both the city and the sport. So…tell me…why wouldn’t every offshore team in the country want to be a part of it?

OK……….back to Silly Season.

I've got to get back to working on a new version of another song...one Smitty put in my head.....now what rhymes with red shoes?

Last edited by KenD; 11-27-2007 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Registered

I agree....since OPA dose not start till June....I think the Miami race is a great race to get everyone the test of what we missed all winter.....te SBI/APBA teams have around 4 months off till the new race season starts....but the OPA guys have 7....it would be a great start of the season for all Orgs to kick things off....I thing Sarasota is coming back like it used to be after the 07 race.....and Miami would be a good one to start it up.....its tough for all the OPA teams to make Sarasota because there season has already started...to the trip is tough....

The Pro- Series guys are going to be having a conferance call soon and discussing there 08 schedule....and we will know if they will make the show in April.....

Get the word out to your peep's down there....and lets get Lisa, Delany and the rest to make a run with us....

Quick Reply: The Silly Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.