Notices

KW Worlds

Old 09-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KW Worlds

To all the racers that are planing to go to KW now is the time to send your paper work in. There is a lot of prep that goes into a race this big, and if SBI doesnt know or have a good idea of the number of boats it just makes it hard on all of us. The # of cranes , # of inspectors, # of races , and pits space that has to be taken in account. Spaces will to assigned same as last yr. so if you wait don't ***** that you don't like where you were put it is first come first serve.
Right now from the boats that have sent in their paper work or have called it looks like the biggest boat count we have seen in years. Right now it looks like 70-80 plus boats will be there, and a lot of teams that i have talked to that havent sent in their paper work yet but r coming.
All teams are invited that qualify as per the SBI rule book teams from (SBI,OPA,OSS,POPRA) from the mix of boat that i have seen this looks like a United Worlds , with a good boat count in all the classes to crown a True World Champion.
Turbine
Cat Unlimited
SC850
SC750
SCL
SV Unlimited
SS
SVL
40-50 P Class boats mixing it up

Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When we booked our condo, they only had (6) left. The town is pretty booked up meaning we are going to have a GREAT race this year !!! Can't wait. Dave
Old 09-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Can't wait.....this is going to be fun.....again......
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Registered

Just curious Frank. When you say boats who qualify per the rule book. Im asssuming you mean any teams that have raced at least 2 races with any of the Orgs. you mentioned.

However, if my memory serves me correctly, last year, some teams, that have not raced all "07" season, were allowed to race in KW. How will that be handled this year?

I assume you are the OSO voice of SBI, and I would hope you can answer rather than say "call John directly" Hopefully, you can ask him and come back with an answer.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Racer
Racer

Thank you for the invitation. Were are working with some sponsors so we can make it to KW this year. Is there an absolute cut off date for registration?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Dean....there were teams last year from OPA that sent in there forms a couple of weeks before the race...but I would amagine the sooner the better....hope you guys make it....
Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I received an e-mail this morning from OSS stating that their World's had been cancelled for this year. While I hate to see that happen for anyone, I know that there is enough time between now and Key West to get together whoever needs to be talking/negotiating so that EVERYONE can race. That would be nothing short of AWESOME - - and a lot of FUN, too!!!!!

Alan
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Hopefully, you can ask him and come back with an answer.

Thanks
I just did ask him.
He said, "last years format (07), will be used this year. Go to the general rule book, under World Championship Eligibility for details. There will be an email sent out shortly re: Key West".
end quote from JC

As I understand it, any other specifics will be dealt with as they come up. The bottom line that I see is them (SBI) needing to know what racers are serious about attending because of the pit space and needs. So if you intend to be there, get your paperwork in with your info.

John and Deana are on the road, heading to Morehead and will get something out as soon as they can. There is no-one in the office the rest of the week........so please wait for the official email or announcement and Morehead race is over...that will be a big help......thanks
PD

Last edited by Pat D; 09-16-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Pat....thanks for the info and answering that question....Once again.....Its great that SBI/APBA will take the issues and deal with them as they come up.....some guys have been trying to get out all year but have been unable because of a number of reasons.....This is going to be another great Worlds....get some rest before the Worlds Pat....see ya soon.....
Old 09-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Dean....there were teams last year from OPA that sent in there forms a couple of weeks before the race...but I would amagine the sooner the better....hope you guys make it....
Thanks Gino. We are trying hard. We have two sponsor's but still need to raise about $4k. KW has been on the top of Derek's and my list of must do's since we started and we will make it one of these years. It is just a huge $ and time committment.

Quick Reply: KW Worlds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.