Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Great Lakes Grand Prix ! >

Great Lakes Grand Prix !

Notices

Great Lakes Grand Prix !

Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's nice to see everyone talking highly of St. Clair. We are a truly unique site as fans also line the Canadian shore. I agree that if all the sanctioning bodies could get together and schedule all the northern Great Lakes racing sites a little better and give the race teams time to heal and repair, more boats might be able to show up. I know Harrison was rough on many teams, causing them to miss St. Clair as they were not repaired in time. Also at St. Clair it has been a while since anyone has barrel rolled, but a few years back a few boats did some pretty good damage on Saturday. With back to back races that makes it hard to be repaired for the next race. As far as entry fees, if the fees out price the racers, as Wahoo states, then how can you expect spectators to show for few boats able to pay entry fees? Look at St. Clair- many fans means many potential customers to see sponsors. Get more sponsors to donate so the race teams can catch a break on fees and more show as they can pay for transportation, motels, flights, etc. More racers, more fans, more potential. I think OPA can show them how to do this with the people that turn out for St. Clair and Patchoque. Both small towns that burst at the seams with people on race weekends. Anyway for the boats that miss St. Clair you are really missing a great time, just ask fellow racers and we really go all out for the teams that weekend. St. Clair- Key West of the North
Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thomed
AS a local, we sure had a great time being the start/finish boat! Pics I got were phenomenal! We used to go to Grand Haven, MI 20 years ago for the APBA races, this was much better organized, and the course was way better for the spectators than what they used to do in Grand Haven, IMHO.

Everyone I have spoke with about the race locally is excited beyond belief. This is just what sleepy ol' Michigan City needed! We go to 2 air shows each year (Gary and Chicago) and this was way more exciting/interesting.

Thanks Pat, and Jason, and all race teams, for a well organized event that the locals will talk about for a long time.

Can't wait till next year!

Tom Dogan
Hot Tomolly
Michigan City, IN
Tom ,

By the looks of thing and the turn out Mich.City had this yr, next yr will be even bigger. By the way it looked Mich City could possible the biggest race of the yr next yr. I know when i spoke to Jason sunday after the race he has some great ides and changes they are going to make for next yr and the many yrs to come. The town was great and the fans for sure are excited and into it. The pit area worked perfect and the park is beautiful not much more you could ask for. Michigan City is a winner for sure and I know we'll b e back.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Extreme, can't wait till next year. Wish there was a "Great Lakes Circuit" to follow.

Check out my MC Race pics @

www.flickr.com/photos/tomdogan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.